EFN promoter: best heavies in the UFC is a myth

"For example, you are watching Werdum vs Miocic. Do you like it? This is the fight for UFC heavyweight title. People are saying that the best heavies fight in the UFC. No doubt that UFC is paying the best money, here I agree. But the best HW's are not there. I'd say that the best heavyweight fighters are sitting next to me in this studio right now [Vitaly Minakov and Sergey Kharitonov]. Because in the Werdum vs Miocic fight the reigning champ Werdum was fighting like a child. And look at the rest of the list of top UFC heavies. Five of ten ten fighters shouldn't be there at all. Frank Mir who's falling down from any punch, Antonio Silva, and so on. It's all a myth. UFC doesn't have the best heavies. It has the best fees."

matchtv.ru

That's a touchy subject Phone Post 3.0

Miocic doesn't really stand out to me as a champion. He was KO'd by Stefan Struve and lost to Dos Santos. I think Cain will beat him, that's if he can get by Overeem.

JOB - Miocic doesn't really stand out to me as a champion. He was KO'd by Stefan Struve and lost to Dos Santos. I think Cain will beat him, that's if he can get by Overeem.

That's a big if.

Can't say I disagree. I wish some of those monster Russian HWs were in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Stipe wrecks minakov or Sergei who I respect allot....imho Phone Post 3.0

NAAFS - Stipe wrecks minakov or Sergei who I respect allot....imho Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully we get to find out soon.

10 years ago, it was much much more difficult to get into the UFC. The competition has risen, but some top 10 fighters today would get pummeled by the prime top 10 of 10 years ago. The disparity between the bottom tier fighters per weight class is huge. Phone Post 3.0

There could be better fighters in the jungles of africa for all we know. The ufc has the highest ranked for sure. Phone Post 3.0

EFN Promoter has a good point. KSW and EFN got some top heavyweights (At least 3-5 people). Maybe the UFC has the best of all the other weight classes, but Heavyweights it could be a toss up. The UFC heavyweight belt seems like its being changed with almost every other fight. Too bad that Ali act doesn't apply to MMA. We'll never know, unless they sign with the UFC.

I've thought for a long time 'are these the best HW's in world? There has to be more out there'.

I think that guy has some valid points. Phone Post 3.0

That guy should not be talkin shit he couldn't even find a proper heavyweight for fedor to fight he had to bring in a former ufc lhw

Outlaw'd by Lytle - I've thought for a long time 'are these the best HW's in world? There has to be more out there'.

I think that guy has some valid points. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.

The UFC HW division has been overrated for a hell of a long time.

There's not a really dominant heavyweight in the division since Cain started getting injured so much. Phone Post 3.0

Someone can go from being a nobody to a top contender very quickly in MMA. You can enter the UFC from a smaller org and then a year later have a handful of wins over guys that have name value under your belt and be considered one of the best in the division, even though you are basically the same fighter you were pre-UFC. It all just comes down to marketing and the fact that the UFC has the biggest platform for promoting its fighters. 

'Best' and 'heavyweights' is kind of an oxymoron.

After the top 5, the level of talent plummets off a cliff. P4P, like the 50th best LW would be equal to the 5th best HW. Phone Post 3.0