EliteXC's summer schedule is overly-ambitious

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/4/16/115736/620

EliteXC announced their second show on CBS will air on July 26. That's very soon after their debut on May 31, which can cause problems with such a short roster. Worse, they've still got a show with tons of their talent on June 14. That leaves them in a bind in terms of getting recognized talent that will entertain fans and turn critics around.

Sam Caplan offers his recommendation:

If I was in EliteXC's shoes, I'd either move the July show to August in hopes that Slice or Shamrock will be ready to headline or I would cancel the June 14 show in Hawaii. I think EliteXC's current summer schedule is overly-ambitious at this point and if they want to run such a schedule they better get some money together and expand their roster.

As of now, the current roster is not configured to meet the demands that will be placed on it. EliteXC not only needs to do a better job of creating news stars, but it will also need to spend big money on existing stars because you don't create new ones overnight and the promotion needs immediate help for the July 26 CBS show.

So the moral of this story is that while many people believe the first CBS show could be the company's downfall, I think the more realistic concern is the second show.

May 31
-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. James Thompson
-Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith
-Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young
-Phil Baroni vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
-Brett Rogers vs. John Murphy

June 14
-KJ Noons vs. Yves Edwards
-Antonio Silva vs. TBA
-Nick Diaz vs. TBA

July 26
?

I would guess the matches rumored for the June 14 Hawaii show just get moved to the July date/location. Plus a couple of the guys who get quick knockouts on the May show could come right back and fight in July. And they will flop a womens match in there for sure. They can pull off 5 matches easily with 2 months turnaround time I think....Dont they also have access to most/part of the 'ProElite' roster?

All EliteXC is doing is putting exciting fighters against other exciting fighters, its all a fan of mma can ask for really. until a real unified title system is in place and the best are fighting the best I am content to watch good exciting fights. Id rather watch Baroni or Kimbo then have to watch Sherk or Slyvia eeek out another decision. but its all my opinion, im not trying to be pretentious.

i would cancel the middle show since its not on CBS anyway or get some more filler fights...nick diaz hasnt fought in awhile, so he might be ready by may 31st...kimbos gonna win by ko in about 8 seconds, so he'll problly be ready for the july CBS show too

cancel june HI sounds good or at least postpone it till july cbs show...and then have knees, soccer kicks, and stomps on Network TV!@!!

Don't forget that these guys actually own KOTC, Cage Rage, ROTR, ICON, and probably a few more that I haven't even heard of.

They can just grab fighters on a moments notice, and put them on an Elite-XC card.

They have instant access to literally hundreds of fighters.