Emelianenko v Emelianegro

Who would win in these two fighters fought today?

What if prime Fedor fought current Cormier?

I have Cormier beating Fedor were they to fight today.

I will never forget the first time I witnessed Fedor fight in Pride against Semmy Schilt. He threw hands with a speed that was, at that time, and still is, incomparable. Especially for a heavyweight.

I think prime Fedor takes this pretty handily but I could see an argument made for Cormier since he would appear the stronger of the two and has some serious wrestling strength that matches up well against any HW. Fedor had(s) a great base in Sambo and I think he's simply be too fast of a striker for Cormier to handle. Phone Post

Today, black fedor. In his prime Fedor would have big problems with DC's wrestling and matched hand speed so I won't speculate but it wouldn't be easy in the least. Phone Post

Draw Phone Post

I am the biggest Fedor fan there is but DC beats fedor prime or not DC is WAAAAY to strong for fedor, think of a prime coleman (who took him down at will!) but with fast hands or think of bigger, stronger and yes FASTER version of Hendo.

However it's not fair to compare Fedor with someone like DC as the sport has evolved tremendously over the past years. Imagine a prime fedor in good trainging camp. Think of fedor in 2002-6 sparring with Cain and Luke on a daily basis!!!

The Cormier of today beats any Fedor more often than not.

Obviously a guy like Fedor, if the fight were held 10 times Fedor is going to find a way to win at some point, but Cormier wins more often.

Lmao@elemianegro Phone Post

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - If Bigfoot took Fedor down at will and held him there, I hate to see what Cormier would do to him.

yes but bigfoot is about 5 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier and a BJJ blackbelt. That was also a past prime fedor. I would favor cormier right now, but 2003 might be a different story. This is a really tough question. Fedor used to transition between punches to throws like no one weve seen in mma. If fedor landed a throw on cormier, im not sure how good his guard would be at defending fedors GNP. I slightly favor prime fedor.

Prime Fedor is still The One Above All. Phone Post

Cormier has comparable standup to Fedor, is heavier, likely significantly stronger, a far better wrestler. Fedor may have a better chin, has better submissions. Good fight.

.fedor is no barnett on the feet....

No, he's the guy who couldn't do anything standing to a guy Cormier annihilated.

Russianorkhan - 
orcus - Cormier has comparable standup to Fedor, is heavier, likely significantly stronger, a far better wrestler. Fedor may have a better chin, has better submissions. Good fight.

No, he's the guy who couldn't do anything standing to a guy Cormier annihilated.

MMAth doesnt work but if it did then we can also say who did better in their other mutual opponent jeff monson? Deff fedor, monson did not even land one single punch, kick, takedown or anything else and got his leg brutalized by a patient fedor...cormier did pretty good too but not nearly as good as fedor vs monson....but of course for cormier, monson was a quality win that got him into the grand prix to begin with, for fedor, monson was a can...funny how that works

Yea funny how the man some consider the GOAT HW is held to a higher standard than a 10-0 blue chip prospect.

Prime Fedor v. Emilanegro would be a really, really good fight. I'm not sold on Cormier's striking defense but I don't see how any version of Fedor would stop Cormier's TD's.

Present Fedor? Cormier would get the stoppage. Lopsided decision at the very worst.

Russianorkhan - 
orcus - Cormier has comparable standup to Fedor, is heavier, likely significantly stronger, a far better wrestler. Fedor may have a better chin, has better submissions. Good fight.

MMAth doesnt work but if it did then we can also say who did better in their other mutual opponent jeff monson? Deff fedor, monson did not even land one single punch, kick, takedown or anything else and got his leg brutalized by a patient fedor...cormier did pretty good too but not nearly as good as fedor vs monson....but of course for cormier, monson was a quality win that got him into the grand prix to begin with, for fedor, monson was a can...funny how that works Phone Post

Another common opponent is Big Foot Silva.  Fedor got smashed by Silva.  Cormier smashed Big Foot.  

Cormier beats any version of Fedor....Cormier is actually the same size as fedor almost...so that would be pretty much a wash...obviously Ccormier"s wrestling is nasty but on the feet fedor might have a slight advantage....fedor is no barnett on the feet....But then again Cormier is no Hendo or Werdum either.  

Last Emperor > Black Emporer Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Elias Cepeda -  How is this some type of tough call to make? The guy who is still winning fights and beating people the other one gets dominated by.
That part of it is not a tough call to make.

The main question of the thread was whether a prime Fedor would beat current Cormier. Phone Post

Ahh, misread it. I thought it read th Fedor of today vs. Cormier. I see. Sorry about that, and if I was being a dick.

Yeah, tough to say. I think there are plenty of guys now that would have always given Fedor a hard time in a cage especially. For example, Bigfoot would have always given Fedor problems with his size, wrestling and jiu jitsu. 

Cormier, with his superior speed and wrestling likely would have as well. 

Doesn't make Fedor less great, though.

Nickoh - I am the biggest Fedor fan there is but DC beats fedor prime or not DC is WAAAAY to strong for fedor, think of a prime coleman (who took him down at will!)

Not really meaning to bust your balls, but its really not a good idea to use that as an example when that fight ended up with Coleman losing.. 

There are alot of Fedor's fights where it looked like he was about to get beaten, only to have Fedor being the one to have his hand raised at the end..

Then, the same comments came up.. "well, look what this fighter did to him... this other fighter is going to destroy him".., and  how often did that happen?

Elias Cepeda -  Ahh, misread it. I thought it read th Fedor of today vs. Cormier. I see. Sorry about that, and if I was being a dick.

Yeah, tough to say. I think there are plenty of guys now that would have always given Fedor a hard time in a cage especially. For example, Bigfoot would have always given Fedor problems with his size, wrestling and jiu jitsu. 

Cormier, with his superior speed and wrestling likely would have as well. 

Doesn't make Fedor less great, though.

No problem, good feedback here!

I think that the one question I would have would be whether he could take down and keep down prime Fedor. I think Fedor's hands and power during that timeframe were far superior to current Cormier. Size wise there wasn't a huge difference.

Fedor beat some pretty strong and serious wrestlers in his day -- Coleman, Randleman, and co. -- and at the very least, I think that would be a sick hypothetical matchup. Phone Post

Arzn1ck - Today, black fedor. In his prime Fedor would have big problems with DC's wrestling and matched hand speed so I won't speculate but it wouldn't be easy in the least. Phone Post
I think Fedor would submit him. Phone Post

Russianorkhan -  Any fedor beats cormier....cormier is actually the same size as fedor almost...so that would be a pretty good advantage for fedor...obviously cormier"s wrestling is nasty but on the feet fedor would punish him....fedor is no barnett on the feet.... Phone Post

LOL

Not sure if serious.

Dude must be high on cack.

DC is not stronger than Fedor. Ask those who have trained with Fedor...he is literally one of the strongest men in the sport. I have talked to many pro who have trained with him and they say his strength is inhuman. DC is an Olympic class wrestler and Fedor is not a world class Judo player that is why DC would rag doll him (if he could rag doll him)