England/UK- Would you pay £40 for a UFC PPV card?

Nope. I would be fucking crazy to pay £40 for an event that stats at 3am.

Master Bater - 
HenryO - 
Master Bater - ESPN is not free... you pay £9 a month... so if they have live UFC every 3 months then you are paying £27, and that's not far off the $40 the US pay is it not?

But most people will already have ordered ESPN

yep.....including me... for the UFC :) why else would you want ESPN?? the rest is shit on there.. the way i see it is for £9 a month it can sit quietly in my telly box not interesting me in the slightest...... until the Live UFC events come along, then it springs to life..

I'm sure i pay more than £9 a month with Virgin.

^^ really what package?

i get mine through my sky, and a lot of others through virgin.. is there another option.

No chance, I would consider paying around £10 for a UK PVV and that's it Phone Post

When the UFC went to ESPN over here I switched to Virgin as it comes free with the XL package.

Would not pay for the PPV as all the above had said, because of the time zone issue.

I often feel annoyed that the prelims are on FB and UFC.TV if I have to work and need to be in bed as they are often better than the main events andyou can't record them.

UFC tried to make the prelims for the last card a PPV in the UK. Hope no one bought it.

Erm nah £40 per ppv would be too much for me to afford Phone Post

Bofbro - 
Master Bater - 
HenryO - 
Master Bater - ESPN is not free... you pay £9 a month... so if they have live UFC every 3 months then you are paying £27, and that's not far off the $40 the US pay is it not?

But most people will already have ordered ESPN

yep.....including me... for the UFC :) why else would you want ESPN?? the rest is shit on there.. the way i see it is for £9 a month it can sit quietly in my telly box not interesting me in the slightest...... until the Live UFC events come along, then it springs to life..

I'm sure i pay more than £9 a month with Virgin.

I can't believe anybody would pay £40 to watch something on TV!!! I could go to watch most Premier League teams play for that amount Live, and Football tickets are well overpriced. Although I would be interested to see the buyrate figures if they did try that in the UK. I guess figures of maybe 10-15 buys :)

I think I pay about £10 a month for ESPN, and this provides me with Premier League coverage and approx 2 UFC Events a month. So for £40, the UFC could fuck right off!!!

NO.. I would defo not buy any! Phone Post

I would pay up to £20-25 pm if there was a UFC channel on tv showing all UFC events and old UFC events and pressers etc Phone Post

2 big shows per year in the uk at 20 quid each I would pay for providing we got real headline fights. This is the best way for ppv in the uk but it will never happen because they would never do the numbers that it would in the USA. Phone Post

Nobody in their right mind would pay £40 for a PPV.

even if Lucifer v Zeus was headlining

From memory I think Dana lets the UK have cards for free out of respect.

I would pay £50 p/month. Phone Post

The PPV model just doesn't work in the UK. I can't see a time I would buy a UFC PPV on the basis that when we get them I would go rather than watch it on TV. If it was PPV and I couldn't make the event then yes I would if that was my only option. I wouldn't steal the event. We don't really get it for free anyway as its on a subscription channel. Parts of Europe do get all event completely free on UFC.tv. Phone Post

MentaL - Fuck no. Phone Post

. Phone Post

If the UFC went paperview in the UK then the sport would die here. Instantly half of the fans would switch off and the potential for further growth would stop due to the lack of programming. 

It takes years to build paperview stars over here in the UK. Ricky Hatton, David Haye and earlier British 
paperview stars all fought on Sky Fight Night's before they went paperview.  ZUFFA need to put more into the UK if they want more out.  

Up in North America, we are the only ones who actually pay out that insane amount. Freaking retarded, and every two weeks? I'm sorry but 100 bucks for ufc every month is too much, fuck that. Phone Post

MachidasBrew 209TT - Up in North America, we are the only ones who actually pay out that insane amount. Freaking retarded, and every two weeks? I'm sorry but 100 bucks for ufc every month is too much, fuck that. Phone Post

Move to the UK broski. Phone Post

CLINTK9 -
DrunkenBatman -  ^^ awwwwww poor America Phone Post

yeah, wish we could switch that around. you guys pay $60 ppv and we pay $15 for an espn subscription. UFC would be dead in a year. as other countries would not pay the prices to help support the UFC the way we do.

You're right, no other country is stupid enough! Phone Post

PoRrIDgE FC - Nobody in their right mind would pay £40 for a PPV.

i would pay 40 for that card

Loxly - 
PoRrIDgE FC - Nobody in their right mind would pay £40 for a PPV.

i would pay 40 for that card

Nah, I'd just illegally download it for free!!!