Enough is enough..Lindland/Horn@49

"good lord.... linland vs horn would be the greatest snorefest of all time. Trust me on that. Not to take anything away from those guys talents... but greco wrestler, vs submission wrestler is pretty fucking boring combo."

Horn is finishing his fights now. Horn is not boring anymore.

I would like to hear who Mauricio has in the top 5 at 185.

LOL. Monte, I have a feeling more than 1 Brazilian will be in that list.

Lindland is the last guy I want to see Horn fight. That has boring decision written all over it.

"And neither Lindland, nor Horn are in the top5."

LMAO @ that retardation!!!!!

Slyboogie, I actually think it would be a very exciting fight. I don't think it's as predictable as Lindland getting the takedowns and holding Jeremy down for a decision. I think Jeremy would show some good standup and even get a takedown or two. Horn took down Liddell and Couture in previous fights and don't forget that Bustamante took Lindland down. These guys are world class fighters and I think it would be an exciting fight with some slick ground work and some good exchanges standing.

Peter P

ttt

"And neither Lindland, nor Horn are in the top5."

I can't even imagine who is, then. And dear God, please don't say Bustamante and Henderson, since they (Henderson in particular) are not 185lb fighters.

ttt for JHR!

adonis I think you are way off base as I will pay to see Horn every time, so he would put me in a paying seat. how can you say horn is a sport grappler?

adonis I think you are way off base as I will pay to see Horn every time, so he would put me in a paying seat. how can you say horn is a sport grappler?

Horn has definitely proven to be exciting since his fight with Tiger White. He was boring against Tiger White and Gilbert Yvel who are LHW and HW. He has been exciting every time at 185. He was also exciting in the 205 IFC tourney in Denver. Submitting the russian dude, KOing a very game Forrest Griffin, and losing a hard fought exciting decision to Babalu.

Lindland on the other hand is an Olypmic silver medalist and brings credibility to the sport. You can't have Baroni in the UFC and not Lindland. Lindland was the class of UFC 45 with his sound defeat of Vitale. His skills are becoming more well rounded as he showed good skill from the half guard in that fight.

Horn vs Lindland for the UFC MW title gives that title credibility since the are #1 and 2 in the world right now at 185.

Peter P

Lindland keeps improving that's for sure.

When all you see are PPV events, it is hard to keep up with what is happening. Horn has been anything but boring in the last year.

^^I agree

Jeremy Horn is GOD!!! :)

let horn fight the winner of linland/terrell.. maybe we can see the fight everyone wanted to see at the ifc with horn/terrell.

I held off posting this earlier, but will post now.

I think Horn vs Lindland might end up being a little more conservative/boring than many matchups those two would have against others. The reason is simply the extreme skill of both fighters, and the likely stakes. Neither will be as free to take chances, because the other would have a great opportunity to capitalize on them. If this fight is for a title, the cost of losing would be high.

Not that a really well fought, chess match is bad, but I think despite the shit talk, both fighters often have exciting fights, both know how to end a fight whether TKO or submission. They both also know what it takes sometimes to win, and that win purse and a belt can force a change of plan sometimes.

Personally, I'm still there and want to see this fight... a fan of both fighters. I wouldn't even be surprised if it finishes... based on one of them taking advantage of a lapse by the other. I just think it might be a slow paced fight getting to that lapse and finish.

WORD!!!!!

It doesn't matter if it ends up being a boring match. It's necessary because these are probably the two best guys in the world at that weight, and someone has to emerge as #1.