ESPN+ 2 results & discussion

UFC on ESPN+2 took power place Saturday, February 2nd at the Centro de Formacao Olimpica do Nordeste in Fortaleza, Brazil. The event is headlined by a fight between Rafael Assuncao and Marlon Moraes to determine the next bantamweight title contender.

With it's broadcast deal, ESPN has secured exclusive rights to the UFC preliminary bouts and non-PPV event main cards for the next five years. Saturday's event aired in it's entirity on ESPN+ (free 7-day trial) , the new OTT platform available on a desktop, mobile device, and smart TVs.

Main Card (Live on ESPN+, 8:00 PM EST)

-Marlon Moraes defeated Raphael Assuncao by Submission (Guillotine, Round 1)
-Jose Aldo defeated Renato Moicano by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 0:44)
-Demian Maia defeated Lyman Good by Submission (RNC, Round 1, 2:38)
-Charles Oliveira defeated David Teymur by Submission (Anaconda Choke, Round 2, 0:55)
-Johnny Walker defeated Justin Ledet by TKO (Strikes, Round 1, 0:15)
-Livia Souza defeated Sarah Frota-Lima by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN+, 5:00 PM EST)

-Markus Perez Echeimberg defeated Anthony Hernandez by Submission (Anaconda Choke, Round 2, 1:07)
-Mara Romero Borella defeated Taila Santos by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
-Thiago Alves defeated Max Griffin by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
-Jair Rozenstruik defeated Junior Albini by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 0:54)
-Geraldo de Freitas Jr. defeated Felipe Colares by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
-Said Nurmagomedov defeated Ricardo Ramos by TKO (Strikes, Round 1, 2:28)
-Rogerio Bontorin defeated Magomed Bibulatov (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

In!

Just Bleed Forecast™: Main Card fighters with decent finish rates (including losses).

• Moraes: 73%
  • Oliveira: 91% (ha ha, you wonder why he's got the 3rd most post-fight bonuses ever?)
  • Walker: 94%
  • Ledet: 70%
  • Souza: 77%
  • Frota: 78%
  • Aldo: 68% (marginal, I usually use 70% as a cutoff, but it's Jose)

My body is ready 

I've got Moraes winning a decision in what will possibly be a fairly boring fight. I didn't really like their first fight and that was only 3 rounds, this fight on Saturday will be 5 rounds, so I'm hoping for a stoppage at some point in the first round or at least a lot more action in the fight this time. My money is on Moraes but Assuncao could sneak through with a decision just like before, both are good enough fighters to beat one another on any given night so it's up in the air in my opinion.

As for the co-main event, I'm going to go ahead and give the nod to Aldo. I truly believe that, aside from Holloway and Ortega, he's the best fighter in the world at 145 pounds. I don't see any kind of a crazy KO or anything happening in this fight, but I do see Aldo picking up a decision win against Moicano without much trouble.

If it goes the distance no way will the judges give it to Assuncao. He will have to win by stoppage.

Moraes has KO'd the #5 and #7 guys in the first round in his last 2 fights. It was the first time either Rivera or Sterling had ever been finished (in a combined 43 fights). 

Jus' sayin'.... I think Moraes is peaking. 

Tug Dabone -

Moraes has KO'd the #5 and #7 guys in the first round in his last 2 fights. It was the first time either Rivera or Sterling had ever been finished (in a combined 43 fights). 

Jus' sayin'.... I think Moraes is peaking. 

Great points to make and you could be right, Moraes could be on to something here and be putting together a nice run for a title bid. If he wins tonight I'm sure he's going to be close to getting a crack at the belt, but there is a lot of competition in that division so I guess time will tell. I just see the fight tonight being a little bit boring judging by Moraes' first fight against Assuncao. 

#toutmaster pick percentages

Cool.

cool, cool, cool.

If that’s not a thrown fight, I don’t know what is... Ramos never fired a strike! Lol.. this clown came out to purposely lose. Not one punch thrown..

KnockoutThoughts -

If that’s not a thrown fight, I don’t know what is... Ramos never fired a strike! Lol.. this clown came out to purposely lose. Not one punch thrown..

You missed the spinning elbow he tried. But yes, he didn’t offer much offense. 

Fuck!

Am I gonna have to listen to Bisping all night? Really?

Someone call Hendo.

I like this main card.

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
KnockoutThoughts -

You missed the spinning elbow he tried. But yes, he didn’t offer much offense. 

Yea but that was a half ass elbow. He sat there and ate everything coming his way without a single reaction or counter. Given the data above provided by Deadleague, it will be interesting how many times the side with less money wins tonight. So far 2 for 2 of the fights have gone the small side of the money's way. If it happens the whole card, that's not coincidence. 

BJ Penn Forever - Fuck!

Someone call Hendo.

He’s actually really good in my opinion. Should be an entertaining night.  

ABCTT_sakurabas ear - 
BJ Penn Forever - Fuck!

Someone call Hendo.

He’s actually really good in my opinion. Should be an entertaining night.  

Just not someone I like to listen to, I’ll be alright, Mike’s ok.

Love listening to Bisbing

Alonzo_Harris_Monte_Carlo_1979 - How many here in the States do you think are watching right now? 20,000?

I think Moraes will surprise some by getting the KO/TKO tonight. He’s going to be super comfortable in there after his last two fights and not debuting in the UFC.

Well there’s us 4 and card. That’s pretty much all of us. 

lol. TSN broadcast joined in progress.