Evander Shuts Down Tyson Exhibition

1 Like

Former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield made his return to the “sweet science” against ex-UFC titleholder Vitor Belfort last September in Florida and “Real Deal” got knocked out by “The Phenom” in what is best described as the closest thing to a snuff film without losing a pulse (watch highlights here).
The fact that Holyfield was laid to rest in less than two minutes, in addition to reports the Triller pay-per-view (PPV) card was a financial disaster, may have brought an end to the 59 year-old pugilist’s boxing career while also closing the door on his oft-teased trilogy bout opposite fellow geriatric slugger Mike Tyson.

“Too late now,” Holyfield told TMZ Sports. “All done now. I’ve been retired.”
Like Holyfield, who turns 60 in just a few weeks, the 56 year-old Tyson walked away from boxing (again) after battling Roy Jones Jr. to a draw in their exhibition bout back in late 2020, thanks to greedy fight promoters and their desire to make it “all about money.”

Besides, who needs boxing when you can sell “Mike Bites?”

Good. Like the guy, but he should never step in a ring again.

4 Likes

Probably for the best. And good timing the day after Tyson was photographed in a wheel chair.

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Tyson vs Silva would be interesting

I just read the interview where Tyson says the vaccine fucked him up. He’s in a wheel chair saying that he’s going to die soon.

4 Likes

Geez. He was on Bill Maher’s podcast just a month ago. He must have said something about Hillary… sheeeiittt.

1 Like

Yeah …

The Vitor thing took away any hype behind Tyson/Holyfield.

Tyson was holding back against RJJ.
He could have KO’d him but there was some agreement.
He did hurt RJJ bad to the body though…

I’d like to see Tyson KO that Paul kid and ride off into the sunset.

3 Likes

Absolutely this.

1 Like

yuppp

Those look delicious.