Even Motown Is Not an Apex Fan

This dork should just be happy he’s in the UFC . Obviously nobody cares to watch him, he’s cringy, and tries so hard to be McGregor. He’s just going to lose anyways lol

1 Like

UFC UTILIZING THE APEX

Makes it possible to offer more events, develop fighters and satisfy ESPN for content.

Smaller Octagon lends itself to more action packed compelling fights…in some cases.

Yeah the lack of crowd and energy can be a downer, but as a fan watching on the screen only they focus on the fight and less on the lack of crowd .

Hopefully payscale is similar and prob main draw main event fighters get extra for this scenario.

Good way to discover up and coming talent and start building name recognition for fighters.

Just looked up his opponent… a 21-2 Russian :grimacing:. In the end he’ll probably be happy not many saw it.

I could’ve sworn he was supposed to be fighting Tony.

hmmmmm good example

There’s like 3 posters here who swear on everything the apex is the coolest shit ever

3 Likes

I like the Apex but never thought about the energy of the crowd feeding the fighters somehow.

3 Likes

Man, back in 2019 right before Gillespie and Lee fought I really though either one or both of them would go on to be a factor in the top ten at LW and since then Lee went 0-1 at LW and then 0-1 at WW and left the promotion and Gillespie went 1-0 and then basically retired by refusing all but a couple fights he was unable to get.

Zebraesque Kevin Lee needs to return if he wants to make another serious run in the UFC.

1 Like

Rogan etc jizz their knickers as I’m sure it’s cool to be there and watch. But surely it’s best to have fans roaring the fighters into taking risks and going for a finish…

The APEX is not there to replace those big cards and magic moments you are thinking of.

Contender Series is about to start next month, thats 60 fights over like twelve weeks to provide a platform for green and hungry fighters to get their shot and punch their ticket. Its for the hardcores with time on their hands to watch if they want. It helps build the future. APEX is perfect for that.

APEX gives UFC control to pump out as many Fight Nights as the market was and they don’t need to worry about what this or that city wants this or that week to host it. It gives them control.

Whenever they want and when the market demands, they can host fights in front of 10k, 20k, 30k fans and have those arenas roaring.

APEX does not exist to replace roaring crowds.

2 Likes

I like being able to hear the corner as well as hear the impact of the punches. I’ve been to live boxing matches as close as the second row, and the sound of the blows landing really make a difference.

I also hate the whooooooo screams every time the crowd gets bored.

Kevin Lee sounds like Bobby Bouchee from “The Water boy” if Bobby would have grown up around cool Black people.

2 Likes

There’s definitely something wrong with his Medulla Oblongata lol

2 Likes

lOOks like The Apex Hates Kevin Lee

1 Like

2 Likes

Kevin Lee is a man unafraid to irritate people. He’s filled to the brim with confidence and hot takes, both about his own potential and about the sport as a whole. Given his meteoric rise up the ranks, why not?

Back in 2014, Lee debuted on short notice at 21 years of age and nearly choked out the well-established Al Iaquinta in the very first round. He lost that debut, sure, but Lee proved his talent immediately afterward. Lee ripped through nine of his next 10 opponents, finishing very tough opposition like Magomed Mustafaev, Francisco Trinaldo and Michael Chiesa.

When Lee challenged Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 in Oct. 2017, he was just 25 years old. He lost to “El Cucuy” near Ferguson’s peak, but he also beat up Ferguson far more than most. The future still seemed extremely bright, and Lee had years to improve even further. A five-round mauling of Edson Barboza in his next effort seemed to guarantee his championship potential

1 Like

Kev got his doors blown off tonight!

3 Likes

NoTown

1 Like