Everything HAMMER. Todd vs. Larratt

1 Like

"Why are you looking for him to save you?
It’s un-becoming of a champion"

LOL

1 Like

No one’s ever smoked Todd like that before. Not even Cyplenkov.

1 Like

I watched the rules set up beforehand and it was a shit show.

Although already agreed, there were a number of changes 24 hours before the match.

With the kings move is it normal to stop them dipping below the table? Sounded like it was different to WAL.

After their last match I figured this was a blow for Todd’s strategy.

Devon is just a savage though.

Disappointed for Larry. Absolute class act but completely schooled by the ruski.

Hell of a show for a few pennies.

3 Likes

I have mixed feelings after this event because I hate to see guys like Larry and Michael lose in such fashion after having such high hopes.

I’ve been following these guys very closely over the past year (watched every YouTube video), and I know how hard they’ve worked for this match. Both were confident that they were going to steamroll their opponents so the fact that they got steamrolled themselves I’m sure is quite shocking and humbling.

Michael didn’t have to extend the invitation to his toughest competitor in Devon but he did, so much respect to him. I hope that this loss won’t affect his tour across America in terms of sponsors and that he can bounce back from it, rather than calling it a career. I feel especially bad for Michael because I know that this loss could affect him financially the most. Monster and Rebecca are on a relatively new social media venture where they want to make it big on that front, I hope that this loss won’t set them back too much.

As for Devon, he’s on top of the arm wrestling world now. This win will set him up very nicely for bigger super matches and he has a great thing going with his Armbet app. Will be interesting to see if he decides to keep the size/bulk going forward as it is shown to be very effective but Devon realizes that this size is not the most ideal for his health.

Schoolboy is legit as you can get for being a future superstar, and yes Larry did bite off a bit more than he could chew. Sad to say but Larry needs real tournament experience to quell the delusion a bit. Even the GOATs in MMA and in BJJ have had years of competition before making it to the top. Larry is a competitor so I’m sure this is not the last we’ve seen of him. Larry will be fine, he is a successful YouTuber, fitness influencer and now businessman with this promotion.

Onto the production, the thing that I found the most irritating was that the commentators Neil Pickup and his colleague were remote which affected the atmosphere quality a great deal. I want to be able to experience the sounds of the competitors and the fans, not that of the commentators over-powering them. We could barely here anything during the competitor entrances as well, the audio production was bush-league. These guys need to be on-site next time, not commentating from another continent.

The scoring throughout the event was truly embarrassing; the commentators also had no idea of the fouls being committed and the scorekeeper was even more clueless on the actual scores. How can you be displaying an incorrect score on the screen for half of the event?
They also didn’t bring out any chalk for the first match, Coach Ray had to scramble back to try to get his own, wtf? More amateur hour right there.

For less than $10 I’m not complaining loudly but they should correct all of those problems if they want to have some credibility for future events. I’m still shell-shocked over the results of this event tbh. I live 20 mins away from Devon and have seen him around in real life so I’m on Team Devon but I’ve also become a real fan of Michael Todd Larry Wheels. What a day and event!

5 Likes

Fouls and score keeping were atrocious.

I dont think the rule set mattered one bit. Todd wasnt moving Devon’s arm with a tow strap and a Cummins engine.

Devon definitely “ate some carbs” during training , as Travis Begent would say when talking about the “vitamin S”

Devon looks ready to pull Cyplenkov and Levan. Not saying he wins. Saying he is on a whole nother level /tier of strengt than he was 30 lbs ago.

5 Likes

That’s pretty much how I feel.

I am team Devon for sure just because of the connection and used to hate Todd mostly because of the Kings move, but he has grown on me due to his social media, I still wanted him to lose but hoped to see him make it closer, Devon made it look too easy. I think Todd needs the WAL rules because with these rules he could not get under the table like he normally does. Either way I hope he can bounce back and his social media takes off because he deserves that money. As much as I hate the kings move I wish he was allowed to use it like in WAL to see how Devon would handle it, I dont think he beats this bigger version of Devon either way but would have been more interesting.

Larry is awesome, I had no clue who he was until I found him on youtube because of arm wrestling, haven’t followed bodybuilding for many years so not sure where he stands in that sport, same with strongman, no idea who the players are these days other than Thor and Hall but apparently he is pretty good at that too. I hope he doesnt lose interest, he is great for the sport and he really put it out there going against schoolboy, that kid doesnt look like a killer but he is a beast and could be the future.

I hope they do an event again, obviously there is a ton of work to be done for all the reasons said here, but this was a learning experience, they can improve upon it and as long as they keep it cheap like they did then people will buy it, they can raise the price in time as production gets better and more fans come over.

It feels very much like early MMA, I hope it grows and these guys get paid like other athletes because they are athletes.

Devon vs Levan would be fun, if Devon can train specifically for Levan for a few months and maintain and refine his current weight it would be interesting. But it would need to happen before year end IMO, just because I dont think his current weight is healthy for too long.

3 Likes

Saw the monster having major issues with schoolboy post comp, left and right.

Larry is lacking table experience. If he’s gonna get anywhere, he needs to commit long term.

The 3rd round press by SB was supersonic.

Loving the exposure the sport is now getting.

Got into arm wrestling when game of arms (?) aired in the UK about a decade ago.

Big loz commenting on the stream also.

3 Likes

Larratt has insane power!

Larry Wheels, isn’t he a bodybuilding YouTuber? Kudos to him for competing and testing himself.

Larratt is the one who normally looks like the Wolverine.

2 Likes
1 Like

And Brzenk is Captain America. That’s what I found awesome/funny about the pic

Just watched it today… and have yet to catch up with the thread…

So happy to see Larratt dominate like that!!!

290 lbs… wow!

My biggest complaint is the commentators constantly talking over Larratt and Todd’s back-and-forth… to the point where I missed a lot of it!

IMO, arm wrestling commentary should be closer to golf commentary.
Get your talking points out between rounds, and let the pullers stand out when they are competing.

Arm wrestling can be intensely competitive – and that is really half of the battle, and the fun.

So shut the fuck up, and let’s hear the guys RIP on eachother!!

Beyond that… I’ll catch up with the thread and give further comments later.

Thanks to @sparkuri and props to @Undergod as usual.

4 Likes

I agree, Neil Pickup said on his stream today that he hopes future events would have the commentators onsite rather than remotely as they’d be able to get a better grasp on what’s going on with the fouls, points etc. But I agree that less talking is better especially during the setup.

I think that both Neil and Devon are accustomed to the WAL where the crowd is rambunctious so they can get away with being over the top (no pun intended), but the UAE crowd seemed more classy and reserved to me so I’m not sure if that style is fitting to the audience.

I’d like to see Devon and Todd team up to take on the Eastern guys of the PAL. I don’t have any issues with the Eastern Bloc big guns but am not the biggest fan of Igor Mazurenko or Engin Terzi. I think Levan and Vitaly are cool guys though.

Matt Mask vs. Ermes Gasparini is next, Go Matt! Ermes has gotten a lot bigger and stronger and is favored but if Mask can control his hand like he did the first time, it’ll be another long evening for him. Matt Mask is bulking up as well so I think do think that he has a good shot at another upset.

1 Like

As has been mentioned before this is the first PR production seemingly inspired by Larry Wheels taking on the unassuming Schoolboy, culminating with the Vampire commanding his familiar Monster from the very start.

Coach is the only dude who thought to bring chalk even after they spent more than half a minute setting up a sigil for it during the live feed that wasn’t available for ten minutes after the event started until half way through their match?
Seriously, how the fuck does everyone forget chalk?

They didn’t even bother to do mic checks?

No one understood wtf was going on with the scores or rules.displayed incorrectly during half of the event.
All in all, good fun.
$8.40 is what I pay for a pack of smokes these days anyways.

Devon and Michael opting to pull left handed At the end of the event is what honestly saved it for me. What we witnessed, is ultimately a training sesson.

Schoolboy appears to be the future.

Will Levan who is rumored to have scallywagged out of this competition challenge Devon?

Only the tides tell who is worthy of handling Mjǫllnir once we set for sea

2 Likes

Just so it’s known. I’ve legitimately pinned OnepunchJD 3 times right handed, and one time left.

This fucking guy has destroyed me a thousand times over, before. Before because I took him lightly the first time we gripped up from a tendoncy of enjoying the feel of struggle before laying it down. He tormented me with a rematch for more than 3 months of me challenging him. Perhaps he needed time to recover? I smoked him in the rematch. Then we went maybe 4 for 14? He has kicked my ass ever since. Perhaps a thousand times minus one or two…

The only man who I freely admit kicked my ass in anything. I’ll fucking smoke the BBQ King again if it’s the last thing I ever do!

3 Likes

Like Larratt and Todd superfight doing a best of 7, our rematch was kind of like a best of 18 or so.

You got your revenge with the flash pin at the start, followed by me pinning you all but 2 or 3 more times out of about 18 IIRC?

But if you look at the entire session as one match, you got smoked by the BBQ King.

So you never really “smoked” me – and you will never pin me again outside of practice.
That’s just the harsh reality of it brother :slight_smile:

All shit talking aside… there was a period of time there when we were both making eachother better.
Quality training partners is the best thing an arm wrestler can have.
Props.

Handshake Reaction GIF

4 Likes