Everything HAMMER. Todd vs. Larratt

Nah…

IIRC I was just being a bit of a dick.

You were so confident you would beat me the first time… it felt appropriate to let you chew on the loss for a while.

Good times.

1 Like

What blows my mind is seeing schoolboy get wrecked in Russian high school tournaments this year on both L and R.

The young guns coming through are insane.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a version of the Larratt/Todd match with the commentary turned off?

He got silver in both arms so he didn’t do too badly but yeah, the talent level in Russia is pretty deep. Not to make excuses for him but I recall his opponents getting away with elbow fouls in the final matches.

I do think that Schoolboy will run though all of them next year (another 6 months?) as he still qualifies as a junior.

I like Neil Pickup as commentator. He transmits his passion for the sport.

I didn’t see him pull right after the event.

I think you’re mistaken.

Wait what? Schoolboy was getting smoked by Russian youngsters? This happened recently?

Are WAL events tested?

Larratt had moon face pretty obviously.

I would guess he was plugging himself full of a gram or more of vitamin S a week the last couple months.

I know PEDs are a part of the sport but that was a good amount of gear to moon face out in 6 or 8 weeks since I last saw a video of him.

Yep, 2020 .
One dude was crazy.

1 Like
1 Like

None of the arm wrestling promotions test so it’s widely accepted that the top guys all juice. Michael says that he’s only on TRT but I’m sure he’s used roids in the past, hence the need for TRT perhaps. I’m sure many guys are on HGH as well.

In Devon’s video this morning, he talks about tower building which is an art. In other words, how to bulk properly before a big event rather than stay at a constant weight as he’s been accustomed to in the past. If this formula works for him then why not? It takes a lot of work for Devon to be 300lbs and isn’t healthy either so he’s going slim down to a healthier walking weight then will “build the tower” again when the time comes for another match. Devon’s contract is also up with the WAL and he doesn’t intend to re-sign so I’m betting that from hereon out, Devon will only accept supermatches where he can do his thing for a few months to get up to peak form.

The pandemic has actually helped him out in this regard in that he no longer needs to rely on joining a promotion to make bread. His match fee for this match is the biggest he’s ever received pus I think he might get a percentage of PPV buys, not to mention payouts from Armbet to the winners plus his own revenue from Armbet since he owns that app.

What Devon and Schoolboy proved last weekend is that size does matter in arm wrestling. You think that this would be obvious but there was great debate in past weeks where Neil Pickup and Gary Roberts shared the opinion of Michael Todd that being in better shape provides greater performance. I guess they’ll have to rethink that notion going forward.

2 Likes

Arm wrestling has blown up from this event. I’ve been bored of the past months and have been on almost every live stream i.e. ArmTV, Uncle John’s, Devon, Monster Michael Todd, RVJ, Ryan Bowen, Voice of Arm Wrestling, Toproll King and more.

Usually there would be around 100 live viewers per session and I would donate $5 superchats whenever I had a question, which I’ve been donating over $100 per month to support these guys. A couple of days leading up to the event, these streams have been getting around 1000 viewers each which is huge for them and after the event, thousands of viewers.

MMT had 6500 viewers to his 1st live stream after the event and today Devon had thousands as well. This sport is blowing up from this event and PR Promotions will only be putting on bigger and better events in the future. What he witnessed was history in the making where the sport can now thrive on the PPV model in conjunction with “betting” or staking from Armbet.

The arm wrestlers are all very excited over this as well as all of the Youtube channels that were just doing it for fun. I’m not saying that AW will ever come even close to MMA but this is a major breakthrough imo. AW has been around for decades and have never reached this level of popularity.

4 Likes

Anyone else thinking Devon needs to grip Levan low like Brzenk did vs Cleve Dean?

Forgive me, I searched for the match and cannot find it anymore.

Of course size matters.

All things being equal, bigger is better.

But Brzenk isn’t the biggest guy, neither is Goodridge.

We can also differentiate between size, weight. and strength.

For Todd to have beaten Larratt, he would have to be significantly stronger IMO, because Larratt has the advantage in technique.
Obviously that wasnt the case, as Larratt came in bigger, stronger, and better.

Grip low to bypass the hand and attack inside?

Makes it more of a matter of strength vs strength, and Levan is bigger.

I don’t know man…

I feel like I should expand on this a little…

Brzenk’s strategy vs Dean, and at other occasions when he has talked about gripping lower on the hand – has to do with not attempting to beat the massive hand – but to force a hook.

Generally speaking, someone with a powerful hook might want to try this if they know their opponent wants to top roll.

As far as Larratt vs Levan…

I’m not sure what the hand size difference is, but Levan looks to just be a monster in all areas with a very thick hand.

That said, I think Larratt prefers to pull up high with all the options that come with that.
He mentioned in a video on this page that he felt safe in the high hook for the first time since his injury.
If he has problems with Levan’s hand at first, he might have to try a different approach.

Imagine Larrat training for Levan.

Their straps will have to be 2" leather.

1 Like