Excel MMA/BJJ Oceanside CA

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this gym? Im trying to find a place for my cousin in CA to start training BJJ in Oceanside. She cant afford what 10th Planet etc, are charging and she stopped in to talk to the people at this gym.

I recommended that she drive north to train with Master Shen but she doesnt want to go there until she is a 40 stripe fuscia belt.

Thanks in advance.

Mithras_0

MIchio is the best! He used to post here. I visited his old school MANY years ago. Great guy (I know everyone says that about everyone, but it’s true.)

Highly recommended! Very good teacher.

(Just don’t expect Shendokan level perfection. I don’t even think they practice with the Nine Dragon Trident. :frowning: )

3 Likes

Another vote for Michio. He was big on the OTM nogi scene in the early 2000s. I ran into him again at Hauter’s garage some years ago. He’s got solid techniques and is an all around good guy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight gents! She’s two days in, a gi class and a no gi class and is loving the place!

Im looking forward to visiting the gym next time im in CA.

Mithras_0

3 Likes

Wonderful!

1 Like

I was working with a company in that area and was out there for a week every month and Excel welcomed me like family. Miccio is a great coach and e place has a very cool vibe good people

1 Like