Expect to see Colby fight Wonderboy in a year

Assuming Wonderboy loses his next fight. Then he will be 0-2 and 41 years old. Tracks pretty close with the type of non-title fights Colby has accepted. These are his wins in the past 5 years:

Masvidal, 37, 0-2 in mma
Woodley, 38, 0-2 in mma
Lawler - 37, 0-2 in mma

4 Likes

Ahahahahahah! This clown actually called out Wonderboy in the press conference. Called it. Perpetual ducker.

4 Likes

That fight would answer a lot of questions nobody gives a fuck about

9 Likes

What a bitch call out lmao

I saw somewhere that Gilbert wants Colby on the Miami card. I like that better.

Wonderboy needs to fight people like Joaquin Buckley from now on.

7 Likes

I didn’t see the fight last night, but by most accounts Colby looked slow and old, and undeserving of the title shot.

So who should he call out? A top 5 guy? That would probably be another fight he doesn’t deserve at this point and people would bitch.

So he calls out a guy just outside the top 5 who is also coming off a loss and gets flamed for it.

Kind of a lose-lose for him to call anyone it seems.

1 Like

Yes, and even as one who wanted him to win, he did to himself with his big mouth. Acting like he won. The dead dad thing. His 2 losses to Usman were damn close and competitive. Yesterday he looked like he didn’t belong. After all he’s said, he’s done. Unless he fights someone everybody hates, like a Ian Garry. Not many of those around!

You don’t think this is a bitch call out?

Everyone here saying Colby isn’t and never was, he’s done, he should retire…

But THAT’S the guy Gilbert wants?

Colby is one loss away from being a side show fighter. At least guys like Kevin Holland and Wonderboy try to be exciting when they lose

2 Likes

With this said I think he comes back. Give him all young up and comers.

That seems to be the consensus.

But Gilbert still called him out. Why? Big name, easy payday (or so it would seem).

You’re just making excuses. His last 3 wins are:

Masvidal, 37, 0-2 in mma
Woodley, 38, 0-2 in mma
Lawler - 37, 0-2 in mma

He hasnt fought a top 5 opponent or anyone coming off a win in years. And now hes calling out a 40 year old 1-3 fighter with no ground game, just like I predicted. So no, its not lose lose. Hes getting flamed for doing the same ducking and cherrypicking he has done for years.

Making excuses for what? His call out of Thompson?

Again, I didn’t see the fight last night, but based on what everyone is saying and his less-than-impressive last 3 wins, he probably SHOULDN’T be fighting a top 5 guy.

Take away your personal dislike for the guy – which i completely understand – and you can easily justify him getting an “easier” opponent in his next bout.

At his age, coming off that fight, the 18 months of inactivity, it’s what happens. It’s responsible match making.

He should be calling out professional wrestlers. Because after last night, thats what he wants to do. He doesnt want to fight in a cage.

Look at Robbie Lawler. Older fighter, after a series of losses he gets matched up with nick diaz, bryan barbarena, and niko price. Quite a drop off from the guys he’d been facing.

But those are the opponents that were best suited to him at that stage of his career. Same applies to Colby. He has to earn his way back into fights with top 5 opponents, assuming he even wants those fights.

You make a compelling argument for him not deserving a big fight, yet you criticize him for not calling for a big fight.

1 Like

The one guy in the division who stylistically has little to no chance against him being the one guy he called out is pretty weak.

Gilbert/Colby is probably a 50/50 fight (unless Colby shows up looking like that again). Definitely not a sure thing for Gilbert.

2 Likes

Excuses for his past 5 years of ducking quality opponents. You Colby fanboys are so transparent its pathetic. You want him to face another old out of prime fighter with a favorable style matchup when the guy literally just fought for the title.

Of course when it comes to Belal and Burns you guys demand that they face tough opponents over and over again and are against them fighting for the title.

I literally just predicted your BS before it happened.

This is retard level analysis. Colbys last 3 wins were against old fighters on losing streaks, therefore theres a compelling argument for him to fight yet another old guy on a losing streak? Are you on crack?

I picked Leon to win last night.

It’s unfortunate that you can’t have a back n forth exchange here without letting your emotions take over and painting everyone with a broad brush.

I’m not sure why this is so difficult for you. I’ll do my best to explain.

This is about match making, about making competitive fights. After last night’s performance, Colby clearly needs a step down in competition. You act as if that is unprecedented in this sport, despite the Lawler example I gave earlier.

You want to see Colby get his ass kicked because you hate him. I get that.

I generally don’t care who wins or loses i just like to see good fights. At this point in his career, the best match-ups for Colby are opponents outside the top 5 of his division.

I don’t think he’d be competitive vs a top 5 ww at this time, so i don’t want to see that match up.

I hope that helps…take a deep breath and read it twice if that helps.