Explain how Vera won??

Just curious. U guys must rate that 3rd takedown REALLY high, because he pretty much got owned the whole third

NarlyPersianDude - obvious that Brandon won the fight. Rounds 1 and Rounds 3 where even

wat

NarlyPersianDude - This is easy. Not sure if your trolling, cause I thought it was obvious that Brandon won the fight. Rounds 1 and Rounds 3 where even, Round 2 was clearly Vera. And in a fighting view, Randy landed shots. But he never came close to hurting Brandon, his strategy was not so much to fight, but as to last the duration of the bout. And the only doing shots that mattered was Brandon. He not only landed the shots that made Randy run to the outer part of the cage, he landed other shots that hurt more than they appeared. Brandon won that fight, I honestly dont know how anyone can think they understand this sport and think Randy won. Thats what I feel.

Well its pretty simple, All the points u made are based on brandons success in rnd 2. Which no one will argue. But the judge criteria seperated rnds. Randy landed 10 times the shots Vera did in the third. Seriously, if u dont believe me count them. I do agree the first was close but judges never seem to give even rnds and if u were to give that rnd to anyone it would have to be randy

he almost finished randy in the 2nd. he did far more damage in rd 1. he stuffed randy's takedowns more than he got taken down in rd 1. he won 2 rds to 1.

He stopped his opponent from doing what he wanted to do (get takedowns), did more damage, got his own takedown and mounted the Natural.

Randy did nothing to WIN, but everything to make sure no fighting was taking place in that ring.

The few times he was not able to do this, he was busy taking hammering shins deep into his ribs.

So Brandon did a few things, that were meant to end the fight.
Randy only did things, that were meant to put the fight on hold.

Most disappointing fight I've seen from Randy. Good for him the refs gave him the win. He got Oldschool-Hall of Fame Bonus on this one.

TheRealJoker - He stopped his opponent from doing what he wanted to do (get takedowns), did more damage, got his own takedown and mounted the Natural.

None of that has to do with the scoring

these are the kind of answers i should of expected. U guys understand the rnd system right??

Keh932 - 
TheRealJoker - He stopped his opponent from doing what he wanted to do (get takedowns), did more damage, got his own takedown and mounted the Natural.

Damage and preventing the opponent from imposing their will outside of snuggling against the wall has nothing to do with scoring? Do you watch fights with Cecil Peoples by chance?

TheRealJoker - 
Keh932 - 

Damage and preventing the opponent from imposing their will outside of snuggling against the wall has nothing to do with scoring? Do you watch fights with Cecil Peoples by chance?

I meant the scoring system dumbass

Vera was clearly robbed... Randy did nothing but man-hug against the cage... did he complete ONE takedown? No.. knees against the cage in clinch don't account for much.

The first round should have been 9-9 in all honesty.. one of the most boring rounds I've seen in a long time. Vera landed some nice strikes in the first 10 seconds then clinched like an idiot and basically defended takedowns int eh clinch for the entire round. That round went to Randy in the judges eyes.

The second round Vera should have finished Randy if he was smarter. How the HELL do you give Randy the second? You don't... Vera won the round HANDS DOWN. He had Randy hurt and won the round with superior striking.. instead of sitting in Randy's guard when he had him hurt he should have just backed off and let him stand back up. He allowed Randy time to recover... but he was on top and Randy was clearly hurt.

The third round Vera also won. Once again, Randy was HURT and could have been finished if Vera wasn't so slow and lacked such a poor strategy. Vera also completed a takedown and had Randy MOUNTED...

LOL at the fools in this thread. Vera was robbed... one of the worse decisions in UFC history. Holding someone up against the fence and not advancing your position doesn't mean anything. It means you can't complete a takedown and are stalling.

Real Name No Gimmicks -  I see it as if Randy won 14 minutes of the fight and Vera won 1. Randy won. Period. 

True.

da mayor - Vera was clearly robbed... Randy did nothing but man-hug against the cage... did he complete ONE takedown? No.. knees against the cage in clinch don't account for much.The first round should have been 9-9 in all honesty.. one of the most boring rounds I've seen in a long time. Vera landed some nice strikes in the first 10 seconds then clinched like an idiot and basically defended takedowns int eh clinch for the entire round. That round went to Randy in the judges eyes.The second round Vera should have finished Randy if he was smarter. How the HELL do you give Randy the second? You don't... Vera won the round HANDS DOWN. He had Randy hurt and won the round with superior striking.. instead of sitting in Randy's guard when he had him hurt he should have just backed off and let him stand back up. He allowed Randy time to recover... but he was on top and Randy was clearly hurt.The third round Vera also won. Once again, Randy was HURT and could have been finished if Vera wasn't so slow and lacked such a poor strategy. Vera also completed a takedown and had Randy MOUNTED...LOL at the fools in this thread. Vera was robbed... one of the worse decisions in UFC history. Holding someone up against the fence and not advancing your position doesn't mean anything. It means you can't complete a takedown and are stalling.9-9 rnds dont exist(minus taking a point away) Once again rewatch the 3rd rnd and count the strikes landed. randy had 10 time the strike vera did

Randy was more aggressive in the 3rd, but Randy is not a striker. His punches don't do much damage. Vera's strikes, especially his kicks which hurt Randy every time, should count for a lot more because they do a lot more damage. I scored all 3 rounds for Vera, with the 3rd being the closest because Randy actually stayed fairly busy that round. But Vera still did more damage in the 3rd with one kick than Randy did the entire round. I think Vera could have easily finished the fight. I'm very disappointed in his performance. He should have just targeted Randy's liver after every kick with left hooks and knees. Instead he just backed off usually. Vera needs to be more aggressive, but he did enough to win the fight in my eyes.

To me Vera won round 1 in the 1st 15 seconds because nothing else happened that whole round. That was the only significant moment of the round and it was Vera's moment. Sure Randy got a takedown to one knee, but Brandon stood backup 10 seconds later. Both of them threw strikes from the clinch, but no one did much damage here. Failing to get takedowns should not count towards winning a round.

not sure how that got fucked up. 9-9 rnds dont exist. And randy had 10 times the strikes land in the 3rd

I think Vera didn't get as aggressive as he should have because 1) he thought he was winning a decision and 2) he was afraid of gassing.

Holding someone against the cage isn't "winning," it's stalling.. Vera had Randy clearly hurt in the second and third. Usually fighters are penalized for not being able to complete a takedown - why so not here? Randy's best action was in the third when he landed a flurry against the cage..HOWEVER..Vera landed some nice kicks that HURT RANDY... and then actually COMPLETED A TAKEDOWN and had RANDY MOUNTED. Worst decision in UFC history.

its simple he landed one kick & had mount for maybe 10 secs of a 15 min fight. These judges must be executed!

Justin

Randy lost.

Vera dropped Randy and all Randy could talk about in the post fight was how much Vera hurt him

if that doesn't tell you Vera won, you're hopeless