Faber & Conor to coach next TUF

:O Phone Post 3.0

I suppose Conor can now add the highest TUF ratings to his CV.

The Ultimate McFighter

He will need to tone it down a bit to do well on the type of coverage you get on TUF. Maybe he will surprise people by being humble and focus on his team etc rather than hyping...

Hopefully. Besides that, I don't get the Faber hate here. He is a top fighter who always delivers.

American_Gangster - I suppose Conor can now add the highest TUF ratings to his CV.

The Ultimate McFighter

if Brock couldn't revive the ratings, he isn't gonna do it either. TUF is toxic to a fighter's image (ask Ronda) and nobody cares about it anymore.

Hunter V - makes sense. Supposedly McGregor had a bad knee injury and will need surgery. So it lets him get it, heal up, and keep his image out there. So all around win.
This is the only thing that makes sense. It makes Conor that more of a badass that he showed up and Jose didnt. Phone Post 3.0

eXtv - 
American_Gangster - I suppose Conor can now add the highest TUF ratings to his CV.

The Ultimate McFighter

if Brock couldn't revive the ratings, he isn't gonna do it either. TUF is toxic to a fighter's image (ask Ronda) and nobody cares about it anymore.

Brock was just a beast of a man, he's nothing like McGregor.

Most will just tune in to listen to McGregor and watch him and Faber go back and fourth

MrBoone - So it's due in part to the altercation Faber posted?

Wouldn't it make more sense since Aldo and CM aren't fighting before taping that Aldo be the coach?

embedded posted the altercation

American_Gangster - 
eXtv - 

The Ultimate McFighter

Most will just tune in to listen to McGregor and watch him and Faber go back and fourth

the UFC 100 interview? his Pro Wrestling career? Brock's always had a mouth on him and had a borderline volatile personality. I think you're underselling his character a bit.

eXtv - 
American_Gangster - 
eXtv - 

The Ultimate McFighter

the UFC 100 interview? his Pro Wrestling career? Brock's always had a mouth on him and had a borderline volatile personality. I think you're underselling his character a bit.

Brock is one of the worst talkers in wrestling. That is the reason he has a manager to do his talking for him. No way he is nearly as entertaining as Connor verbally.

CDarwin - I think Conor will go Ronda/Rampage on that show. Phone Post 3.0

I see it going the other way IMO Phone Post

Should be frankie Phone Post 3.0

RollHighAllDay -
rockyjiujitsu - Kind of odd Phone Post 3.0
I feel like they are fabricating drama just in case Jose is out too long. Jose pulls out again and show sets up a grudge match with Faber. Avoid Frankie for a bit as well. Why wouldn't Frankie coach USA? Phone Post 3.0
Yep. I don't get why it's Faber and not Frankie. Phone Post 3.0

Rantuckjr - 
eXtv - 
American_Gangster - 
eXtv - 

The Ultimate McFighter

Brock is one of the worst talkers in wrestling. That is the reason he has a manager to do his talking for him. No way he is nearly as entertaining as Connor verbally.

worst talker in wrestling =/= bad talker in MMA. Lesnar at UFC 100 was more real and controversial than any Conor interview.

Conor wouldn't even make it out of OVW.

eXtv - 
Rantuckjr - 
eXtv - 
American_Gangster - 
eXtv - 

The Ultimate McFighter

worst talker in wrestling =/= bad talker in MMA. Lesnar at UFC 100 was more real and controversial than any Conor interview.

Conor wouldn't even make it out of OVW.

Yeah, he mentioned another beer company (which he apologized for) and said he was going to have sex with his wife.

Real interesting stuff there.

Guess I'll be watching that season. I predict it'll be the highest rated tuf. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek - 
GSDbestbreed - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - So that "altercation" yesterday was probably staged then... Phone Post 3.0

I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. Pretty suspect.

I dont care either way. TUF is a dead format, I dont think even Conors popularity can resurrect that show. I think the last season I watched in total was Tito/Shamrock. TUF is stale, and now the coaches wont be fighting each other? Meh, Im sure I'll pass on this season too.

I genuinely have no idea what this altercation is. What did I miss?

The day of the weigh in, Conor was walking down a corridor and ran into Faber by himself. They had a few words Conor patted Uriah on the head, they kind of tussled for a few seconds ( nothing serious ) and that was it.

It was a strange interaction. With the announcement of the TUF coaches, it just seems a little staged now. It could just be a coincidence, but who knows. There's video of it, and several threads made about it.

GSDbestbreed - 
FETT_the geek - 
GSDbestbreed - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - So that "altercation" yesterday was probably staged then... Phone Post 3.0

I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. Pretty suspect.

I dont care either way. TUF is a dead format, I dont think even Conors popularity can resurrect that show. I think the last season I watched in total was Tito/Shamrock. TUF is stale, and now the coaches wont be fighting each other? Meh, Im sure I'll pass on this season too.

I genuinely have no idea what this altercation is. What did I miss?

The day of the weigh in, Conor was walking down a corridor and ran into Faber by himself. They had a few words Conor patted Uriah on the head, they kind of tussled for a few seconds ( nothing serious ) and that was it.

It was a strange interaction. With the announcement of the TUF coaches, it just seems a little staged now. It could just be a coincidence, but who knows. There's video of it, and several threads made about it.

Thanks dude.

perfy - And now the coaches aren't even fighting anymore. Time for TUF to be cancelled.
Definitely. Phone Post 3.0

So basically conor won't be fighting until prob at least dec? Maybe longer? Is that stuff about his knee true? Phone Post 3.0

Smart way of protecting Conor just a little longer.