Faber: UFC needs me to be champ!

Some highlights from our interview -  Link = http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/ufc-132-exclusive-urijah-faber

“I’m in this fight for everybody, I feel like the UFC needs me as a champion it will be good for the sport it will be good for the fans. There are a lot of fans that are in this with me on this journey and are emotionally involved. I’m fighting for my family, my friends and my team, there are a lot of people I’m fighting for including myself.”

“I’m not sure how the fight is going to be finished but I believe the one thing that’s the X-factor here is the fact that I’m extremely hard to hit also. Dominick uses a lot of foot work and uses a unique style but I’m not scared of any of that. It’s not intimidating, it’s one of those things where I know I can do damage either standing or on the ground and I feel like he knows he can win a decision. “

“That’s what we’re looking at here, its two different mentalities’. I’ll be going for the finish and I think Dominick will be looking to score points. I’m not a guy that gets tired, I’m a creative fighter who is good at adjusting and being in the moment and I think that’s gonna be different for him."

I don’t need a rivalry to be motivated to fight. It just so happens this guy has had a chip on his shoulders for years. We will see after I beat him, I mean, is he going to be a good sport after that?”

“We will see, that’s when you find out the most about people and that’s why our rivalry started in our first fight. We’ll see how he likes losing again and if that is something he can deal with but I’ll be friends regardless or at least cordial.”

There's potential that it might be the fastest pace for a main event ever... no?!

FABER BY FINISH Phone Post

Faber UD.

I'm hoping for a Faber finish! Phone Post

He is one of the cockiest SOB's around. I hope he gets Koed.

Faber by whirling dervish. Cruz will be dizzy by end of round one. By round 3, Cruz will be puking his guts out, trying to tap out along the fence as he spins in circles, referee Dr. Evil will admonish him to " don't grab the fence".

It will be Epic!

AllAmericanBoxing - He is one of the cockiest SOB's around. I hope he gets Koed.

He's probably the most humble fighter I've ever met. He's also one of the best at selling fights. Phone Post

I like Faber a lot and agree with him, Faber as champ would be a boost for the UFC Phone Post

imablackbeltatlife - 
AllAmericanBoxing - He is one of the cockiest SOB's around. I hope he gets Koed.
He's probably the most humble fighter I've ever met. He's also one of the best at selling fights. Phone Post

"I feel like the UFC needs me as a champion it will be good for the sport it will be good for the fans."

That doesn't sound very humble.

Faber = bigger draw for fans at this point in time.

The guy sells tickets and fights and has a big following.

This is however the first main event 135 lb title fight ever for the UFC, this shit is just getting started. Phone Post

Mix6APlix - "I feel like the UFC needs me to be champ"

Guess again Asschin. The UFC doesn't need you at all.

I hope Cruz kicks his ass.

bwa haha at asschin!

Cruz'n for a Bruisin

I got Cruz winning a dec. But, Urijah is still one bad dude.

<blockquote>AllAmericanBoxing - He is one of the cockiest SOB's around. I hope he gets Koed.</blockquote><br /><br /><br />

One of? Maybe but Cruz ooozzing far more cockiest then Faber. Cruz talks as if he's already beat Faber and that it's a forgone conclusion that he will...and just about every interview he comes off as arrogant and pompous. I hope CRUZ gets ktfo.

I think this fight will be like the Aldo fight just a lot more mild. Phone Post

Kidcombo - <blockquote>AllAmericanBoxing - He is one of the cockiest SOB's around. I hope he gets Koed.</blockquote><br /><br /><br />

One of? Maybe but Cruz ooozzing far more cockiest then Faber. Cruz talks as if he's already beat Faber and that it's a forgone conclusion that he will...and just about every interview he comes off as arrogant and pompous. I hope CRUZ gets ktfo.

Cruz is saying the same things everyone says. Both guys can come off pretty cocky but not nearly the most conceited fighters either. Phone Post

edokaz666 - Cruz by UD easily but Faber being champ would be better for the UFC

Exactly my thoughts on it Phone Post

Cruz by KO

Cruz.