Fabio Maldonado decides against drop to MW

Source: Fabio Maldonado decides against drop to middleweight

I have to disagree with Maldonado even though I'm a fan of his. Their has been plenty of fighters that have gone down in weight and been successful case in point TJ Grant, and plenty of fighters who have gone up in weight and not look the same as before. He should really re consider dropping down he is too small of LHW to be competing in that division. What u guys think?

Alpha Omega - Yeah, good call on the disagreement. I'm sure you know his body better than he does.

Some guy's don't like cutting weight, Everyone in his camp wanted him to go down for a reason.

He should drop. So flabby at 205.

DoomFarmer - It's a shame because he would do well at MW.

He needs a win and I don't know that there are many for him to come by at LHW right now.

Still a favorite and I will eagerly await his next fight.

I actually woulnd't mind seeing him vs Gegard or one of Strikeforce guys

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2113685&page=1

Make it happen!

I think there are plenty of examples of people who have dropped down weight classes and found success. I don't think he'd be cutting very much to make it and if he worked with Dolce I bet it would be very easy for him. He knows himself better than I do of course but I can't imagine that he wouldn't make the weight comfortably. The drop makes a lot of since for him stylistically as well. Being a striker the size will give him a big advantage with TDD (plus middleweight isn't exactly a wrestler heavy division) and his already granite chin would be inhuman at 185.

Glover is his only legit loss in the UFC in my opinion and there was no shame in that, but I feel he would be a top guy at 185, not just a gate keeper, which is where I'm afraid he'll end up at light heavyweight.

I wonder how much Anderson being the champion at 185 is factoring into his decision. Phone Post

I was really hoping he would fight Beltran, Diabate, or Griggs first. There are some fun match-ups at MW though; Lawlor, Leben, Vanderlei, Le, Sakara, Lombard, Phillipou

minotauro11 - I think there are plenty of examples of people who have dropped down weight classes and found success. I don't think he'd be cutting very much to make it and if he worked with Dolce I bet it would be very easy for him. He knows himself better than I do of course but I can't imagine that he wouldn't make the weight comfortably. The drop makes a lot of since for him stylistically as well. Being a striker the size will give him a big advantage with TDD (plus middleweight isn't exactly a wrestler heavy division) and his already granite chin would be inhuman at 185.

Glover is his only legit loss in the UFC in my opinion and there was no shame in that, but I feel he would be a top guy at 185, not just a gate keeper, which is where I'm afraid he'll end up at light heavyweight.

I wonder how much Anderson being the champion at 185 is factoring into his decision. Phone Post

Agreed and well said. Either way im looking forward to his next fight. As posted above, being the nail can change a guy...we'll see. Phone Post

It's a good choice for him to make the most of this opportunity. His stock skyrocketed ironically after taking one of the worst beatings I've ever witnessed. I hope he can make the most of it. Phone Post

Maldonado vs leben would be insane. Phone Post