"Fans wouldn't understand"

Why do so many pro athletes regurgitate this nonsense?  I don't need to have played pro football to see that a quarterback made a bad throw or a tackle missed a block.  I don't need to have ever cut weight to know that its unacceptable and unprofessional to miss weight. 

I don't have to be a professional fighter to know when a fight should have been stopped or when a fighter is getting their ass kicked.  Anthony Smith says a fan wouldn't understand because we don't know what it takes to make that walk.  What does that have to do with being able to clearly see when a fight doesn't need to continue? 

Lastly,  are there any fighters in here that NEVER comment on other sports?  If you're a fighter,  you shouldn't be able to comment on politics if you've never been a politician.  Stipe should never talk about the Cavaliers or give his opinion on a performance because he doesn't know what its like to step on that court and play right? Any fighters who may read this,  please listen to me.  I appreciate your skill and talent. Just don't forget that you are in the entertainment business. Believe it or not,  most people don't have any desire to fight in a cage for a living.  Its not because we don't have the guts or some bullshit reason.  Its because I have much better and safer ways to earn a living.  

1 Like

Remember when Valentina fought Priscilla? Since I've never stepped in the octagon there's no way I could think that fight should've been stopped sooner. 

1 Like

Lol,  I guess I hit the nail on the head. 

1 Like

I think it’s just a symptom of athletes dedicating their entire lives to a sport just to have everyone scrutinize them down to a microscopic level. Obviously it comes with the territory, but I would imagine it’s probably pretty annoying. I mean when I was a busboy it would piss me off when a customer would complain that their table was “dirty”. 

Obviously we we can analyze all we want because free speech. I think the majority of their frustration comes not from thoughtful analysis made by people, but from trolls and idiots who basically dismiss their skills at every level. I get their point of view but at the end of the day it is entertainment and as fans we enjoy this shit so much that we tend to talk about it quite a bit. 

Raistlin doesn’t understand

1 Like

It's like when people are trying to give me advice in my line of work who have never worked my job before.

They may be right with some of the stuff they say but I just don't respect their opinion as much as if it was coming from another peer

I’d explain it to you..... but you wouldn’t understand bro, you just haven’t been there, or “made the walk” as we say in the fight game...  it’s like those spare tire covers that say “it’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand”,  well nobody does understand that shit, even people with a Jeep....Know what I’m sayin?  So it’s like that 

You are an embarrassment to that screen name 

1 Like
RichardSteel -

You are an embarrassment to that screen name 

You are an embarrassment to your family.