Favorite streetfighting techniques

groin kick, head butt combo

Hands up in a submissive/ non-threatening posture, verbally attempt to diffuse the situation as you carefully leave.

^And I agree with him...

Hit him before he hits you....most street fights that equals victory.

a quick jab.

Oil Check.

Streetfighting is for cool people! I kick them in the Jimmy! Ya! Then I poke their eyes and shove a telephone pole up their seat! Ya! If they aint had enough I pee on them and drop a few elbows. Then I slap members of their family. That will teach them every single time! I also like to find ways to electrocute them!

Finger jab - throw a flicker jab but instead of closing fist on impact stiffen fingers with a slight bend (in case you hit the forehead etc.). Target eyes, if you land both eyes will close, not just the one you just gouged.

Front thrust kick to front of pelvic bone (not upwards into groin) Aim just below bladder and practice throwing from just out of normal kicking range. You do this with a sliding action. Freezes untrained fighter each and every time. You get a really nice folding effect. I've seen guys nearly hit their foreheads on their shins when this lands right.

Trap their lead hand with your lead and bring the cross through the opening. This works well on the tense untrained brawler who does throw his hands up into a semblance of a boxing stance, but who is very stiff and tense.

For close range, eye gouging, best to insert at a corner and then press in.

Insert finger into nostril and rip.

Cheap Shot - Mutilate - Gouge - Kidney Shot - Mutilate - Mutilate - Eviserate.

Should take em down with that.

What Vince said.

"Hands up in a submissive/ non-threatening posture, verbally attempt to diffuse the situation as you carefully leave."

Best answer so far.

My street record when the above approach didn't work is 2-1, and I hope it stays that way, I didn't want these three fights in the first place and I don't want any more. My experience is that street fighting hurts even when you win. For the record, what won for me both times was judo throws.

Street fighting is absolute last resort stuff, to be avoided whenever possible, using the method quoted above. As far as recommending a particular training method for self-defence, I'd say sprinting is probably the best option.

"Hands up in a submissive/ non-threatening posture, verbally attempt to diffuse the situation as you carefully leave."

And if that don't work, sucker punch.