Feb 27th - AFC#7 in Ft Lauderdale

Here is the latest card, for those who haven't seen. It is holding together!

A lot of good undercard matches, if I say so mysefl : )

article:

http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=6056

Absolute Fighting Championships #7
Friday, February 27th, 2004 // War Memorial, Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Doors Open: 6:30 pm / Fight Start: 7:30 pm

BEST PRICE ON TICKETS ANYWHERE:
GOLD CIRCLE: $35.00 / RINGSIDE: $25.00 - $35.00 / GENERAL ADMISSION: $15.00

'This event is less than 3 weeks away, and the AFC is set to return to Flirda with an international card of Mixed Martial Arts.' states matchmaker AFC Miguel Iturrate. 'We have teams from Japan, Finland, Sweden and France coming to compete at the AFC #7, as Florida's American TOP TEAM and Freestyle Fighting Academy both continue to step up

Of particular interest are the three 'American Top Team versus JAPAN' bouts that headline the card. 'Izuru Takeuchi was ranked #1 by SHOOTO and is currently ranked #2 in PANCRASE. He faces Marcel Ferreira, a black belt who is definitely ready to step up to the challenge.' states the matchmaker.

'Likewise, Jorge Santiago of ATT steps up to face Takuya Wada, another veteran of PANCRASE and SHOOTO who has competed at the top level and won a lot of matches.' continues the matchmaker. 'Jorge needs this win to keep his momentum after winnig at KOTC.'

Finally, Edson Diniz steps back into the AFC ring for the first time after losing his title to Nick Agallar at 155 lbs. 'Edson faces Hiroki Kotani, whose brother is the star of the ZST event in Japan. Now ZST knows about the American TOP TEAM, they saw Marcos Aurelio win their 16 man tournament. Now, ATT has three more fighters ready to be introduced at the international level.' concludes the matchmaker.

The entire card appears below.

FEBRUARY 27th, 2004 - AFC #7
Card Subject To Change:

3 RDS / 185 LBS: Marcel Ferreira (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL.) v. Izuru Takeuchi (Pancrase, Tokyo, Japan)

3 RDS / 185 LBS: Jorge Santiago (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL.) v. Takuya Wada (Pancrase, Tokyo, Japan)

3 RDS / 155 LBS: Edson Diniz (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL) Hiroki Kotani (Tokyo, Japan)

2 RDS / 170 LBS: Thiago 'PITBULL' Alves (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Nuri Shakir (Team ELITE, NH)

2 RDS / 185 LBS: Charles McCarthy (Freestyle Fighting Academy, Miami, FL.) v. David Bielkheden (Team Scandinavia, Stockholm, Sweden)

2 RDS / 205 LBS: Crafton 'Blaze' Wallace (Naples, FL.) v. Antony Rea (Toulouse, France)

2 RDS / 155 LBS: Gesias 'JZ' Calvancanti (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL.) v. Justin Wisniewski (Duneland, Portage, IN)

2 RDS / 185 LBS: Efrain Ruiz (Freestyle Fighting Academy, Miami, FL) v. Todd Carney (Freelance, West Virginia)

2 RDS / 170 LBS: Joakim Engberg (SHOOTERS Int'l, Gothenberg, Sweden) v. Landon Showalter (Pearson Systems, Seattle, WA)

2 RDS / 170 LBS: Sauli Heilimo (Team Scandinavia, Turku, Finland) v. Carlo Prater (Yves Edwards Thugjitsu, Houston, TX)

2 RDS / 155 LBS: James Edson Berto (Tiger's World, Orlando, FL) v. Scott Johnson (Freelance, Orlando, FL.)

TTT

That card kicks ass.

Who all is competing in the submission wrestling thing the day after?

Awesome card!!! Lots of international talent!

ttt

Press release on the grappling later this week!

ttt, whos the promoter for this show, anybody have contact info?

TTT

ttt

The promoter is the AFC.

I am the matchmaker - get me at itur_miguel@yahoo.com

ghille-

yea. his name is carlos (aka. carlao). his email is carlao@fighterscorner.com, i also believe his 2nd email addy is carlao@americantopteam.com

i know the fighterscorner email works, not sure about the ATT email. its worth a try. if you can't get ahold of him, email me @ adam@globalmma.com and i'll give you his cell.

TTT

TTT

Southern Florida will be happy to see "CRAZY T" back in the mix.

Great card, looking forward to some sunny Florida weather.

3t

LAtest update -

Crafton 'Blaze' Walalce is out with a broken foot.

Antony Rea will fight Mark Tullius, a teammate of Frank Mir's out of the Pires team in Vegas.

Everything else is solid!

MIGUEL

Hey Miguel, I am in Iraq right now, I will be back in the spring, I would love to get on one of your shows. I will get in contact with you soon if it's ok.

Jason

You have to get Manny Reyes Jr. on the card. He is incredible!

How about: May AFC Manny Reyes vs. JGO (If my hand is healed). I'll thumb wrestle Cardoso for the spot.