Fedor documentary from Patrick Gavia

Fedor vs. CroCop was the Ali vs. Frazier of MMA at the time.

4 Likes

I remember feeling that way when it happened.

2 Likes

And Fedor won.

1 Like

He’s a retarded cunt. Not worth paying attention to.

1 Like

How many circus fights did GSP have?

Oh yeah, people forget fedor held out a refused to fight crocop for awhile and made up some bogus thumb injury. He had long periods of inactivity during that “prime”.

Frances does it and everyone calls him out.

Yea Fedor was the type to fake injuries… he planned the surgery to avoid Mirko just like he planned Mirko getting KO’d by Randleman lol

What’s most impressive is he took risks to win and won by brutal ko, OR brutal GnP OR submission even when in danger.

Khabib dominated one way only and took no risks.

GSP was considered boring (atleast by me) in his prime fighting safe as possible.

Jones used illegal tactics (watch his fights again and watch his fingers and tell me he didnt cheat constantly).

When Jones was in danger he used his super long reach to keep his fingers in his opponents eyes to retreat. If they attack they would have walked into an eyepoke.

For those reasons, Fedor is my GOAT.

7 Likes

:arrow_up: Excellent post.

1 Like

What? Like grabbing the ring ropes to avoid being taken down?

Eyepokes, feinting eye pokes, extending fingers near opponents eyes while retreating forcing the opponent to eyepoke themselves if they pursue him.

That piece of shit even Eyepoked machida hard on the ground on purpose.

After someone brought this up I watched the machida fight again. It’s clear Jones would use his fingers in all the methods I described above.

His offense and defense atleast in that fight were built around his fingers in his opponents eyes.

Machida had him in trouble then he backed away with his fingers in machidas eyes twice.

Without the fingers extended Eyepokes and threat of Eyepokes I think Jones could have been tagged / clipped / finished at some point or multiple points in his career.

We will never know because the UFC allowed him to use the finger banging his opponents eyes throughout his career.

I used to say Jones was the goat. I won’t again.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: Another excellent post. I just saw Bones this weekend too lol.

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

The only way to deal with fouls is fouling back.

Went to his old man retirement fight, you could feel it in the air when he walked down the ramp, Fedor is something special.

1 Like

Only to people who were able to watch pride in the early to mid 2000’s. It’s member berries.

He was all over Shogun’s eyes on the ground, literally raking and gouging in a targeted manner
Look at Shogun’s eyes after the fight, most of the damage is from fingertips and rakes

Not saying Shogun would have won without but it was a big part of his offense and strategy that fight

Sick shit
Refs should be ashamed they didn’t nip it in the bud

3 Likes

That’s where jons reach advantage works so well for him.

He has the longest reach in the UFC. And uses it for Eyepokes, eye poke feints and holding his fingers in front of opponents eyes so they eyepoke themselves and he can retreat.

The best way to deal with Eyepokes is the fucking referee doesn’t allow Jones to splay out his fingers near his opponents eyes.

UFC allows it. Always has.

Although to your point, Eyepokes were the tale of the tape in the DC vs Stipe trilogy.

DC won after eye poking Stipe. Stipe eye poked him the next fight and won.

Then DC whined about it.

2 Likes

Exactly this brother.

Machida had Jon in trouble twice. Both times Jon used his fucking fingers in machidas eyes technique to retreat safely

2 Likes

Fedor=Elvis

1 Like