Fedor should retire after beating Barnett......

He has done everything in the sport. He has nothing more to prove... He's beaten every single fighter that he's come across. Mir, Brock, and Alistair need to do so much more in order to even be considered to fight Fedor....

He should go to the UFC after. If he doesn't go to the UFC, I'd kind of agree though, if he wants to keep fighting, why the hell not? I will watch him fight anytime he fights.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if he did. He can't be invincible forever and Mir's arguably the only one fighting right now that has any real experience. It's not to say Lesnar, Carwin, etc. aren't good...but Fedor's been fighting for a decade. I personally don't even think they deserve to fight him yet.

Dont be surprised if Fedor does go to the UFC after this fight. Affliction is digging their grave with the amount of money they spend and Fedor isn't a sambo champ anymore which opens up a deal with the UFC

UFC will have really screwed up and missed the boat if that happens.

gangsta101 - and not to mention a lucky win over Coleman, but a win none the less

I'm ok with the Coleman love but don't say silly things like that.

gangsta101 - and not to mention a lucky win over Coleman, but a win none the less

lucky twice? With one being a complete beatdown? right...

Agreed, he should retire. Nothing left to prove and no need to tarnish his legacy with a fluke loss to someone who shouldn't even be in the ring with him to start with.

If he beats Barnett then Fedor has beat all the other great established heavy's with the possible exception of Randy who is likely too old now (I guess we'll see after he fights Mino). It would be awesome to see him fight the rising crop of heavyweights but eventually someone bigger, faster, stronger and younger will come around if he stays in the game too long. It would be cool to see him go out on top, I don't think many people want to see him stay in the game past his prime, whenever that is.

What would happen to the UG if Fedor does come to the UFC and suffers his first and only true loss at the hands of Kimbo Slice?  Would the site just shut down?

Squared Circle - What would happen to the UG if Fedor does come to the UFC and suffers his first and only true loss at the hands of Kimbo Slice?  Would the site just shut down?

Mass suicide

WOW...this thread SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Fedor is a VERY rare type of fighter. We may not see something like him in the HW division for a while... The Michael Jordan of MMA (thus far). I want to see him fight EVERYONE ( Brock, Carwin, Gonzaga, Mir, etc) !! Not just retire because he beat somone who lost to Cro Cop (twice), and Noguiera.

How old is Fedor now?

triso - How old is Fedor now?

He is only 32, way to young to retire.

If Fedor beats Barnett I wouldn't be bothered if he retired. He would have gone out having defeated all the great heavyweights of his generation. Sure, we'd all like to see someone take his place through succession, but it's always nice to see someone go out on top.

lol

no way he should retire...there are a few more fights out there for him and he seems still ready to compete

If he goes to the UFC there are plenty of match-ups for him besides just Brock and Mir. Up-and-comers like Velasquez, Dos Santos & Carwin, or established guys like Werdum, Gonzaga & Cro-Cop.

if he made that decision, i wouldn't blame him for it, he's been on top for quite some time and has faced all of the top contenders of his cohort after facing barnett.

however, as a fan, i'd love to see him continue to fight and and then maybe fight in the ufc. but that's just the greedy mma fan in me. i don't want to see him fight past his prime, but i don't think at 32 he's near that point. he takes care of himself maybe better than randy does, so i think fedor could fight for quite some time. but only time will tell.

there are up and comers who could make for intriguing fights, but fedor really should get a title shot first thing if he ever comes to the ufc, unless he wants a tune-up fight for the cage.

TagaCameron - If Fedor beats Barnett I wouldn't be bothered if he retired. He would have gone out having defeated all the great heavyweights of his generation. Sure, we'd all like to see someone take his place through succession, but it's always nice to see someone go out on top.

Though I think he's to young to retire a agree.... It sucks watching Icons lose to guys that really cant hold there jock because they didnt know when to call it quits... but that happens in all sports

^ ... Im not saying its that time time for Fedor yet tho