Fedor vs. Fujita - Pride 26

Was this an amazing fight or what?

This fight proves to me that Fedor is the best out there. He took a shot that would have done 90% of fighters in and after took it, he proceeded to put the beatdown on Fujita.

Have you noticed than whenever anyone puts Fedor in any sort of trouble (Randleman, Coleman, Fujita, CroCop, etc), they end up getting either beat down or submitted?

Fedor has an amazing ability to adapt mid-match. After all, his CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer.

Here's the fight for any1 wanting to watch it again or for the first time, good viewing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6724490212244324545&q=fedor

That was one of the most savage endings to a fight ive seen. i love it. Kick to the mid section, a hard one two clean on the grill, followed by a RNC that would have gotten a Rino to tap. Great stuff

That was a great fight. The crowd rises after Fujita nails Fedor with a huge punch, wondering if Fujita can put him away now that Fedor is staggering like a drunken sailor. Fedor finally grabs on to Fuj and then gets his legs back. Only a couple minutes later Fedor hits Fuj with blazing punch then subs him with a text book rear choke. Unbeleivable come back. Reminds me of the way Hughes came back in the second Trigg fight. That's what a champion is folks.

Oh great, more racists - just what we need here, really.

He was tagged by Fujita right on the temple,I don't think many people out there can take a solid shot to the temple and not be rocked/KOd. Fedor recovered very well,jumped in and clinched even though he was obviously stunned, and held on for 10 seconds or so until he'd recovered a bit. Good fight for sure, great win for Fedor, the guy is a champion for sure.

"He get's hit...and his chin is not impervious to punching power. Crocop almost nailed him with some nasty straight lefts, any one of which would have knocked him out if they'd connected, IMO."

"Not with his best shots."

Ray Jackson, Fedor walked right into a straight left counter from Mirko, which is by far Mirko's best punch. It caught him clean, and on the money.

Fedor was not KO'ed, or even knock down. IT did stun him for a moment, but thats all.

Agreed Ray,Fujita should have avoided the clinch if possible, kept at punching range and thrown some serious bombs.

well with that nerve that's behind the jaw your legs give out and there's nothing you could do about it but fedor he wobble after getting jaw jacked and kept going that chick did sound like she was having the big o though

Also,

What I love about the fight is that after he gets tagged, you can tell that Fedor wanted to finish the fight.

After kicking him to the ribs, dropping two huge punches to his face, he chokes him out and then throws Fujita off of him...possibly the most "aggressive" thing Fedor has ever done to one of his opponents after a fight. Normally, he is smiling, but in that fight, he got pissed.

"I do, however, think it exposed Fedor's biggest weakest--if there is such a thing with the T-1000.

He get's hit...and his chin is not impervious to punching power. Crocop almost nailed him with some nasty straight lefts, any one of which would have knocked him out if they'd connected, IMO.

That's why I'd give Arlovski a legitimate shot to beat him if they ever fought."

But the key is that you said "almost" and "would have.....if...." and that CC was simply unable to.

Fujita proved that Fedor can be hurt but I think its been mentioned a lot that if a fighter of Fujita's size and power, regardless of his actual overal boxing technique, hits you flush, you will go down. Isnt that what happened to Crocop against Randleman?

Fedor avoided all of CC's power shots or if he got hit with any, he took them without it effecting the fight. Regardless of whether CC hits harder or less than Fujita, the bottom line is that he just was able to really hit Fedor with any shots that turned the fight in his favour.

Saying that "if" he would have hit him flush and that it "would have knocked him out" is like saying if A left his arm out and B caught it, B would have submitted A.

Anyone "theoretically" hits hard enough to KO anybody else (barring the freaks like Hunt, Nogueira, Tua, Gomi, etc). It's pointless to point at that as a fighter's "weakness".

You might as well say "I saw his weakness -- if you take him down, pass his guard, and take his back, he can be choked!" (of course, some people do make comments that ridiculous -- see Penn/Hughes)

"Crocop almost nailed him with some nasty straight lefts, any one of which would have knocked him out if they'd connected, IMO"

=

"if you take him down, pass his guard, and take his back, he can be choked!"

No props to Fujita for putting up a good fight?

ttt

Definitely props to Fujita,he had the balls to fight Fedor, stunned him, slugged it out and Fedor put him down but didn't KO him. No shame in losing that fight. Fedor IS a scary man.

fujita did better against fedor than most of Fedor's opponents combined.

is chink really racist?? just a short way of saying chiniese, just like im a wibo

That was one of those moments that made me jump out of my chair and go "Holy shit!" Fedor's recovery was impressive. It's really the first (and only) time he's been badly hurt, and he had the frame of mine to clinch immediately.

Great moment.