Fedor vs Pedro The Rock 2012

3 Likes

DAY UMMMMM

1 Like

Pedro used to be such a feared striker with his leg kicks and granite chin.

1 Like

Damn I didn’t remember this k.o. as vicious. Fedor just went ‘nope’ and knocked him the fuck out

yeah , Oldie that just surfaced M1 days

Pedro vs Tank

Didn’t notice this back when I watched it live, but after watching it again. Tank didn’t know how to cut off the ring. He was circling around with Pedro instead of cutting him off. May have made a difference in the early flurries before Tank gassed.

1 Like

When Fedor would use his Dutch kickboxing

1 Like

Rizzo had a three fight win streak with two stoppages when this fight happened. He had only ever been KOed by Randy, Kharitonov, Zentsov, Barnett and Yvel up to that point in his career. He was 38.

This was on Fedor’s comeback tour after Strikeforce and honestly I don’t think Fedor gets the credit he deserves for the Monson, Ishii and Rizzo fights on that tour.

Fedor made it look easy but that should have been more of a credit to Fedor than a knock against Monson, Ishii and Rizzo.

Ishii for example went 4-0-1 before fighting Fedor and then went 8-0 after fighting Fedor and once he did lose it was to Crocop and Jiri.

4 Likes

Oh I remembered. Even for our brutal sport this was a vicious KO. It’s Rizzo’s head bouncing like a basketball I still vividly remember

Brutal ground strikes to out the rock away

Another UFC heavyweight champ bites the dust.

That was like 7 years after Fedor’s big run, and he was still super dangerous. Explains why even in recent years he was able to beat guys like Mir.

If even that version of Fedor has gotten in there with Bader, Bader would be fighting in BKFC right now

He made the Mir fight like easy.

Or at least that’s how I remember it.