Female fighter input please...

I only read the first page, but regarding the period thing, I think that's a horrid idea, for this reason alone: Having to push back a match, or declare a winner by forfeit just because it's Fighter A's 'time of month' seems IMO to be getting a bit too personal, as who wants the world to know that you're on the rag? Some femme's are probably different, but the ones I know, if you know they're cycle, you had damn well better their S.O.

This is a responce I got from a doctor concerning pevic and breast exams.

I would suggest a breast or pelvic exam only be performed if fighter has complaints regarding these areas or recent problems with these areas which would make them at risk.  I know of no reason menses would preclude participation. 

This might be completely stupid, but I figure the "mass checks" on the breast and pelvis are to make sure there's no tucking going on so a man could get into the women's division.

Tara- I don't want to screw with my hormones...no thanks! but on the other stuff, you're right on target.

Thanks people. The meeting is tomorrow and I'm getting ample info for ammo.

I can't believe these rules. Are they serious?

Please tell me that by "breast protector" they mean "sports bra."

A pelvic and breast exam? What exactly are the medical justifications for such exams? I doubt there are any that apply. There is no reason that this should be required. What doctors have told them that such exams should be required? Hmm? What medicine are they using? Stuff from the 1700s? Perhaps we should start bleeding people out again to reduce fevers.

Not fighting during your period? You must be joking. As for having your period making you "weaker" during that time, it's a crock of bull. Every physician will tell you that exercise during your period is GOOD for you and will even reduce cramps. I train BJJ whether I'm on my period or not, and I'm quite sure I haven't bled all over my teammates.

Groin protector? Protect this.

Women are being targeted by stupid laws and bills like this one in order to limit what they are allowed to do. We're not children who need to be sheltered and have their hands held through every little thing. We're adults who made conscious decisions, and we should be allowed the same reasonable rights and opportunities, without having to deal with greater restrictions than those that apply to men.

This country is regressing in so many ways. This is just part of a larger trend away from the progress we've made in the last 100 years.

F-ing ridiculous.

That is SO generous of you.

It would be nice if the people making the rules would see that, just like male fighters, female fighters are people

Those proposed rules cross the line, imo.

Actually we are the people who make the rules, that is what we are doing right now.

That is why Ethan is asking for input.

There will also be public hearings after this process.

The only reason bad rules are put in place is because nobody ever shows up to voice the right opinion.

lol you guys crack me up. Conspiracy theories and all.

bywaterflotsam,

Jesus Man!!! What is all this Freudian psycho-babble? There is probably only a small part of what you are saying that is true that applies to such a small minority. How about some men are just idiots when it comes to chicks?

I'm a commissioner, am I only exerting power over others to resolve some childhood deficiency? The fact is that I have a wife that has fought 3 times and a daughter who is 5 and has been wrestling for 2 years now (we are really working the greco-roman with her), and I just want a level playing field for them. I don't want ignorance to be the base for the rules that regulate them in the games that they compete in. Hence the reason that I started this thread. I have called apon the expertise testimony of female fighters on the UG here.

The true fact is that I only want to be a part of the Genesis of the MMA legalization in ND. There are only a few people that live in this State that know as much as I do on the matter. Others being but not limited to Chis Nelson, Jeff Gummeringer, Bruce Nelson (whom I don't even know is any part of this all), Kris Ottem, and... and only a few others. I'm a part of this all only because that I know that I'm some what of an authority on the subject in this State.

bywaterflotsam, the person that you discribe is mentally deranged and not fit to baby sit a kitten let alone be part of a regulatory body.

bywaterflotsam,

My wife just read all your posts and thinks that you are a woman and a psycho. Can you please confirm or deny this?

You are a dangerous woman with your words, you must be a female psychopath trying to get attention.

nonsense.
women should take an EPT for sure, and ive fought on my period before, in fact it makes me rage out better. as long as you plug it up its not like anyone can tell.
i dont wear a groin protector and ive never worn those turtle shell things...i dont know of any or many women who do in MMA.
and uh...ive never been checked for masses, what does that have to do with fighting?
im not trying to come across as having an attitude, i just dont see the necessity in any of this except testing for communicable diseases and pregnancy...just my opinion though.

"im not trying to come across as having an attitude, i just dont see the necessity in any of this"

Ah, yeah, because these are the current draft of the rules and regulations for MMA in ND. I'm looking for all the support, evidence, testimony to counter this rubish.

And thanks for you input, it will be read tomorrow if I get the chance to.

and yeah i just read roxy, tara, and mollys posts and they are right on target. i am tired and dont feel i need to add anything so ill let them handle it.

The problem as I see it is that these things were added to the prefight physicals and should be part of the yearly exam. A ringside physician wont even have the proper equipment to do some of these things.

A person is supposed to be in good physical condition to participate in sports. Thats why even in high school you are required to have a physical. Yes they do check mens privates just as they do the females. These are very standard tests that should be done. They should be required annually or if symptoms arise, not prefight.

I am getting a kick out of how some people have taken this over the top to mean something it isnt.

The whole period thing is either outdated or has never been challenged, I would bet money it will be taken care of tomorrow.

Fighting on your period could be beneficial.

Can rub some blood in your opponents eyes.

Then just a little on their upper lip so they have to smell it.

I'm on my way now, this took a lot to print out.

I'm back now, that was a good 6 hours. At anyrate, the following three rules are now struck out of the ND MMA rules and regulations:

"k. for female participant's pelvis and the breasts with notation of any masses."

"l. A female .. will not be allowed to fight during a menstrual period;"

"8. Female participants shall wear a breast protector and groin protector...;"

I was passionate about getting these removed but I really did not encounter much resistance anyway. When I wanted to use info from the print out of this thread people were largely not interested ALTHOUGH I still referenced from it from memory. I had great ammo because of what I had read from this thread. Thanks a ton. Chris "wontsubmit" Nelson was there too and was a help to get these removed, too.

Yippy!!!

Ah hemm... I said,"Yippy!"

Honestly, I think the only opinion that is going to carry credibility is that of sports physicians. Fighters don't give their own physicals, or declare themselves fit. There is a reason for that.