Fight of the year so far?

videos would be nice guys....

I think Dong vs Manhoef is a good call EY.

I still give it to Diaz/Gomi.

Diaz/ Gomi has my vote

Diaz / Gomi was an exciting fight no doubt.

Even though Gomi stopped fighting in like 2 minutes, the fact that he hung in there took all that punishment while occasionally landing a bomb here and there was funny as hell. Diaz won, but his face was totally broken and he had to get 16 stitches.

Also that one big punch where he just hit air is like one of the classic wtf moments of MMA.

Also all the drama too that ensued afterwards made it by far the most memorable fight this year.

The rematch will be one of the most anticipated fights ever in the LW division. Gomi by TKO.

LOL at Dong/Manhoef. It was FOTN on a weak show but hardly FOTY worthy.

Good grappling control/tech by Dong but Manhoef didn't really do much other then explode outta a couple sub attempts and throw a couple 3 second flurries.

Takimoto/Galesic is a lot more worthy.

Nobody expected Dong to win, and he did convincingly. ALso Dong was always in Danger of getting KOed in that fight.

Takimoto/Gaelsic was a true comeback type of fight.

Also if you go by that criteria, then why are people saying Diaz/Gomi is fight of the year? Gomi shut down in 2 minutes and basically became a punching bag.

I've been hearing Lierly/Hordeci was a war

"Also if you go by that criteria, then why are people saying Diaz/Gomi is fight of the year? Gomi shut down in 2 minutes and basically became a punching bag."

Who knows...i don't think it was FOTY. Likely due to the gogoplata.

They were barely on the feet though for Dong/Manhoef so the "is he gonna get KO'd" aspect wasn't all that big IMO. Most of it was in the clinch/on the ground.

Also replace your explanation of Dong/Manhoef with the names Cro Cop/Napao and it still fits but I don't think that was a FOTY candidate either.

Entertaining fight but doesn't deserve FOTY consideration IMO. I think Griffin/Edgar is the easy frontrunner.

you all forgot Guida vs. Din Thomas

Go to UFC on Demand and watch the contriversal decesion. This was an awesome fight!!!

Huerta/Garcia - someone post this fight already...

and what drama insued after the Diaz/Gomi fight?

From an emotional stand point, Randy vs Tim was the greatest fight of all time.

I pretty much agree with that GNP.

Diaz and Gomi was just more exciting IMO b/c of the huge venue, and Diaz was such a huge underdog. EVERYONE was going crazy during that fight.

I love the Edgar/Griffen fight, but it just wasn't as big.

Serra v GSP. That right hand and the subsequent thirty seconds of finishing was electrifying!

Fight of the year...

huerta vs garcia

I saw this live, it was amazing. it made up for the WORST FIGHT OF THE YEAR: sanchez vs koscheck.

http://vegas.img.napkinnights.com/pics/albums/vegas/060107iflafter/1024.jpg

"Next time, when both fighters are on a level playing field, Gomi will get the win. "

Good first post. C'mon dude, if you think Nick being high during a fight helped any bit at all your insane.

In my mind it would have to be Diaz/Gomi over Edgar/Griffin simply because it was a bigger fight.

Gomi and Diaz are both young and have fought on a higher level than Edgar and Griffin. Both fights were excellent, but something has to be said for the skill level of the opponents fighting, and I wouldn't at this point put Edgar and Griffin at the level of Diaz and Gomi.

What about the most recent Horodecki fight against Lierly(or however you spell it), I didn't see the entire thing just the last round. I heard it was a real barn burner.