Fight should have continued..

I really wanted to see Chris come back but him sitting there holding his head looking hurt and dazed sealed his fate. When you consider that the strikes were then deemed legal then he was incapable of continuing due to them ergo a stoppage.

He was acting pretty damn hurt on the ground. I actually thought he was KO'd and recovering, if it was an illegal blow then it should actually should have been ruled a DQ with the way he was acting so hurt if fighter safety is the real goal.

BiggGunn -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
akbar87 -

it didnt continue cuz they asked weidman the date and he said february but didnt know what day it was 

http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1276941-watch-weidman-appears-to-be-disoriented-during-ufc-210-debacle

Yeah, Weidman didn't even know what month or day it was, because he was so damaged from legal strikes. Yet somehow people still think it should be a no contest, how ridiculous.

Ok, it shouldn't be a No Contest. Wiedman wins.

Don't like that outcome? Tough.

The knees were ruled illegal at the time they happened. There is no replay to reverse that ruling in New York.

If Wiedman can't continue, then it's up to Miragliotta to determine if the knees were intentionally illegal. If they were intentional, then Wiedman wins, if not, then its a no contest.

There's only two outcomes if the doctor says he can't continue. What happened isn't one of them (which is why this should be the easiest appeal ever to win).

The ref didn't end the fight. The doctor ended the fight because Weidman could not continue. The  commision then ruled that since he could not continue do to knees they knew were legal that the fight would be a TKO stoppage. 

The fight does not continue once they decide it was legal, the doctor was checking if a fighter was hurt the ref cannot kick the doctor out of the ring and say fight. The doctor had to make a call. And said he could not continue. The reason the doctor was brought in does not matter. And replay does not matter as well. The result of a doctor stoppage was called by the commision due to a legal strike. 

Dan even said before any of this happened, that he was not going to remove a point from mousasi because he thought Chris was trying to work the system. 

So even at the most if you remove the whole Replay rule people keep arguing about, the most that would happen is Dan could have removed a point from Mousasi, the Doctor still says Chris can't continue. So the fight is stopped. The result which is decided by the commision, not the ref, would still be TKO due to legal strikes. Because the commision does not need to agree on what the ref calls.

I think in the end only Chris will know how fucked up he was (or wasn't) by that knee and all we can do is guess.

Did he simply think he should take the full 5 mins to recharge since it was offered (can you blame him if he was told that it illegal blow that did damage and he was told he had time to recover that he took it?) or was the damage not that bad and he could have continued fighting at that exact moment? His actions looked like a guy who wasn't going to answer the call to continue which makes me think he was done anyway.

the mistake by the ref, wasn't really his fault. The fact that it needed instant replay to be verified somewhat indicates it was not easily seen by human eye. However the over ruling by the commission or whoever made the a mess. Had they simply given Chris the time as allowed by the ref Chris could have either continued fighting or at THAT point be deemed unable to fight.
Maybe the caveat was Chris was acting TOO hurt. I mean if this was a nut shot would the doctor come in and call it before the 5 minutes of rest was up? I honestly don't know but have never seen that. Yes I know the strike was legal but if your not using replay it was and should have been deemed illegal and that call should have stood.
Yes it would have fucked Moose but considering the situation that is how it SHOULD have played out within the rule set.

Instead a state that doesn't use instant replay used instant replay and changed the in cage call.

Regardless I think Moose was going to finish Chris if they continued after the 5 mins. When that guy pours it on it is frightening.

zero need for these two to fight eachother anytime soon.  weidman's face after the fight tells the story