Fighter escapes WWE style powerbomb to land KO

Check it out at 21:30, as this fighter escapes his opponent's powerbomb lift, to land a big knee to the head for the KO..

Also take a look at our other 11 sick finishes from across the world, plus we preview the big XFC 20 card going down Sept 28th in Knoxville..

iPhone

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - More fighters are using WWE moves that were thought to be banned. The unorthodox stuff is good for mma.

Exactly.. Like the Anthony Pettis showtime kick, anything that adds flair to the sport is definitely makes the fan take notice.

That being said, the powerbomb initiatiated from this position is on the finge of legal depending on the angle in which they drop the opponent (a spike directly on the head is illegal). If this were lifted from a triangle choke however, alls fair.

Most athletic commissions rule that in the triangle choke, the man has the option of letting go, and therefore is subject to whatever downward pressure his opponent can inflict. Although this is the general consensus in just about every rules meeting, I don't necessarily agree. I have seen guys lifted in triangles during training before in which they would have been unable to release due to their opponents grip, which makes the potential outcome very scary.. Phone Post

Sub'd. Phone Post

Nothing surprises me, when it comes to the Clip of the Week competition. That was very "Diesel-ish" with the powerbomb approach.

A powerbomb definitely woulda been sick, but from that position he almost could of had a Razor's Edge. Now THAT has not been done before in MMA! If it were Genki Sudo, he may have tried the Eye of the Storm :)

Would've loved to see the Razor's Edge... RR was my fave in the 90s.

Too bad the piledriver is both illegal and insanely dangerous.. In light of recent occurences, it would be nice to see a little Jerry "the King" Lawler action in the MMA cage. Phone Post

he almost pulled off the razors edge.

Voted Up, because you get hated on too much and are way under appreciated for the badassery that you bring to the UG.

For later Phone Post

That triangle at number 6 was nuts too Phone Post

mark22 - That triangle at number 6 was nuts too Phone Post

Very sweet transition that causes exception to the rule that the ground game is not exciting.. Phone Post

About time that host got rid of his douche bag design on his beard Phone Post

haha damn

oxvaletudo - 

Too bad the piledriver is both illegal and insanely dangerous.. In light of recent occurences, it would be nice to see a little Jerry "the King" Lawler action in the MMA cage. Phone Post

Bob Sapp piledrove Minotauro, who came back to win by armbar.

http://diesel67pix.multiply.com/video/item/13

ttt

Ttt Phone Post

Sub sammich. Phone Post

oxvaletudo - 
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - More fighters are using WWE moves that were thought to be banned. The unorthodox stuff is good for mma.

Exactly.. Like the Anthony Pettis showtime kick, anything that adds flair to the sport is definitely makes the fan take notice.

That being said, the powerbomb initiatiated from this position is on the finge of legal depending on the angle in which they drop the opponent (a spike directly on the head is illegal). If this were lifted from a triangle choke however, alls fair.

Most athletic commissions rule that in the triangle choke, the man has the option of letting go, and therefore is subject to whatever downward pressure his opponent can inflict. Although this is the general consensus in just about every rules meeting, I don't necessarily agree. I have seen guys lifted in triangles during training before in which they would have been unable to release due to their opponents grip, which makes the potential outcome very scary.. Phone Post

Can't the guy on the bottom hook the leg? Machida received some criticism for not doing this against Quentin Jackson during the triangle attempt.