Fighter inks $250K EndorsementDeal

MMA Fighter signs $250,000 Endorsement Deal - 3/25/2008
http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=4341

"Today InsideFighting broke the news that WEC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen has signed an exclusive endorsement contract with the soon to be launched, Nasty Threads...Below is video footage of Sonnen's contract signing that took place earlier this month in Oregon. From left to right in the video appear WEC middleweight Chael Sonnen, Jennifer Harmon of Harmon and Hendricks Law Firm and Brian D'ambrosio Owner of Nasty Threads."

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=4341

www.InsideFighting.com

Good for Chael

TTT for fighters' making money.

Is this a SIX FIGURE contract?!?

I was going to offer him $350k for a GARV GEAR exclusive contract. oh well.

ITS ALL OVER!!

sonnen is a great fighter, though im not sure dropping a quarter million on him was wise. I dont think his name carries enought weight with the noobs and guidos to which the majority of mma clothing is aimed at. Either way congrats on snagging a fat ass check and i hope you get to beat filho ass again

Good for him.  Always nice to see a fighter get a good payday.

"SIX FIGURE contract?"

I guess so. $250,000 = six figures

Chael's the man.

seems like a waste of money

How long do you think it will be until Chael is suing them for non-payment? lol

Well apparently he will get his next check right after his fight tommorrow. Won't take long to figure out if they are for real.

They say the site is launching this week.

Really Elias?  Thats awesome if he's getting that shit up front! 

probably including options and is the maximum total payout after lots of different metrics are satisfied.

250k could have made a huge splash on the upcoming UFN divided up between several of the fighters

Guys a real estate player has a lot of $ to throw around.

"Really Elias?  Thats awesome if he's getting that shit up front!  "

That's what they are saying they are going to do.

"probably including options and is the maximum total payout after lots of different metrics are satisfied. "

As the article says, it's a conditional contract. According to Chael that means, among other things, that it is structured very much like his fight contract in that the more he wins, the more he earns.

Right.

So I am in a 12 Billion a year job. All I have to do is sell 40 Billion and whammo there I go.

11 figures, bitches!