fighter pay minimum

what should it be per year?, ex bonuses, sponsors, fees
for every org.

Whatever their manager can negotiate. If they settle for less than they are worth, that is their issue IMO. I'd love to see every fighter make a living wage so that could be their main focus but that's not the reality of the fight business. That's why having a good manager is crucial. Phone Post 3.0

There should be no minimums other than the regulated minimum wage salary in the orgs homebase of operations. So in the US minimum wage is like 15k/year?

Fighters should get 50% share in general, so if a card is successful they would bathe in sweet cash but if the card fails they make less money.

It should be different for different orgs.

In the UFC, I would propose a $1250 minimum monthly stipend (can't call it a "salary"for independent contractors), along with an automatic minimum $2500 signing bonus on any new contract.

Also, second cornerman expenses always paid for any fighter flying to a different continent for their fight (for other fights I might have that perk kick in after someone's been around like 7-8 fights or achieves a top 10 ranking by the time the bout agreement is signed).

Monthly stipends would automatically go up every few fights, along with perks like 1st class airfare or whatnot. They would be staggered so they don't go up at the same time as Reebok money, so that every 2-3 fights a fighter would always be some sort of contract upgrade as incentive. Phone Post 3.0

EDIT: I meant on top of the $10k/$10k minimum fight purse.

Also, for the UFC at least, I think a 40% minimum split of annual gross revenue would be appropriate (maybe higher). Phone Post 3.0

Chromium - It should be different for different orgs.

In the UFC, I would propose a $1250 minimum monthly stipend (can't call it a "salary"for independent contractors), along with an automatic minimum $2500 signing bonus on any new contract.

Also, second cornerman expenses always paid for any fighter flying to a different continent for their fight (for other fights I might have that perk kick in after someone's been around like 7-8 fights or achieves a top 10 ranking by the time the bout agreement is signed).

Monthly stipends would automatically go up every few fights, along with perks like 1st class airfare or whatnot. They would be staggered so they don't go up at the same time as Reebok money, so that every 2-3 fights a fighter would always be some sort of contract upgrade as incentive. Phone Post 3.0
Lorenzo is that you?! Phone Post 3.0

rookies have it the best if they get a fight with ufc.

JohnnyChrist - 
Chromium - It should be different for different orgs.

Lorenzo is that you?! Phone Post 3.0

I should have clarified that I meant on top of the $10k + $10k minimum fight purse.

sorely - the problem is not with the arbitrary minimum

the problem is how unequally the money is distributed

if we passed a law where the lowest paid fighter in ufc has to get 10% pay of the highest paid fighter that would solve the issue

No it wouldn't. That would just deter talent, it's much better the way it is.

$3750/week IMO Phone Post 3.0

lol @ minimum wage for what is supposed to be the elite fighting organization in the world. Some of you are sad individuals

bustowithnobra - lol @ minimum wage for what is supposed to be the elite fighting organization in the world. Some of you are sad individuals

Only I talked about minimum wage and also stated fighters should get 50% of the money the event generates.

Proposing to give more money to the fighters makes a sad individual I guess.

mada - 
luctaro - There should be no minimums other than the regulated minimum wage salary in the orgs homebase of operations. So in the US minimum wage is like 15k/year?

Fighters should get 50% share in general, so if a card is successful they would bathe in sweet cash but if the card fails they make less money.

Really? So basically then it should just be a lottery and whoever is on a Rhonda or Conor card wins?

Yeah fighters on successful cards should get paid more, because they deserve it over the fighters that sold 140k all together, but please note "Fighters should get 50% share in general".

Fighters should get about 50% of the money the UFC makes at the end of the year. That includes sponsorship, TV deals etc. Mighty Mouse can live off of that while Rousey and Conor live off of the big PPV dolla dolla bills.

OP asked what should be minimum pay for every org so I said no org should have a forced minimum other than the government mandated.

50/50 sounds like a fair split for the fighter/promoter symbiosis. One cant live without the other.

Is not lottery to be placed in big money card, is a reward. Why do you think everyone wants to be in them.

mada - 
luctaro - 50/50 sounds like a fair split for the fighter/promoter symbiosis. One cant live without the other.

Is not lottery to be placed in big money card, is a reward. Why do you think everyone wants to be in them.

Yeah but then you put all the hot fighters on a few cards to reward them and all the guys and gals on other cards get screwed? Just makes more sense to me to pay entry level fighters better and after that it is performance based.

So you think events like UFC 194 are a bad idea. Booooh you.

I dont know what you mean by performance. Is it winning? Is it pulling a "Diego Sanchez"? Is it attracting eyeballs even if your fights are sh*t like Kimbo Slice?
So ambiguous.

The problem with everyone's idea of required minimums is.... you have no f*cking clue if the organization can afford it or not. People throw all sort of numbers from 5k to 50k.

UFC has 560 fighters that fight at least 2 times a year. Thats a 1000 fights and you just doubled their minimum from 10k to 25k. So they have to pay an extra 25 million dollars. Holy crap. The UFC-Reebok deal is only 12 million/year, to put it in perspective.