Fighters just outside of elite or all time great?

Bobby Lupo -
Malvert the Janitor - 
stringtheory - Serious answer BJ.

Already considered a legend but with proper commitment could of easily been the GOAT.

Still owned it though.

War BJ! Phone Post 3.0

Only guy to ever be ranked number one in the world in two weight classes at the same time.

Fringe fighter... Phone Post 3.0

BJ is the strangest case. Almost every big name on his resume beat him.
He screwed the LW division for years. They were trying to hand him the belt and Pulver beat him and Uno drew him, then the UFC scrapped the whole division.
For as big as the Hughes win was, the second loss to GSP negates that. BJ "to the death" quit on his stool.

He does his LW comeback and beats Sherk and a bunch of guys from TUF.

He has the big: Sherk, Gomi and Hughes wins, but the losses to Edgarx3, Diaz, Pulver, GSPx2, Hughes, Rory kind of cancel those out.

He's a one of a kind case.
Yet he's the most accomplished name on GSP's list...

Go figure. Phone Post 3.0

GSP beat BJ once, then he broke the man the second time they fought. BJ just quit. He quit while sitting on his ass between rounds.

Bobby Lupo - GSP beat BJ once, then he broke the man the second time they fought. BJ just quit. He quit while sitting on his ass between rounds.
Yup. And he's the biggest win of GSP's career. A little quitting lightweight. Phone Post 3.0

Fucking nick diaz after reading some of the names mentioned Phone Post 3.0

Thingading - 
GrindOnLine - 
wiggum - Not sure how you can not have Faber on the all-time list. He was an incredibly dominant champion for a long time. It just wasn't in the UFC.
This.
Already is a FW all time great and working on his BW legacy. Phone Post 3.0

OP here. I agree with you guys and shouldn't have included him. I questioned listing him at the time, but for some reason went ahead with it. Always good to have people disagree without resorting to name calling.

Word. Cool response. Sometimes we just mindfart.

GrindOnLine - 
Thingading -
GrindOnLine - 
wiggum - Not sure how you can not have Faber on the all-time list. He was an incredibly dominant champion for a long time. It just wasn't in the UFC.
This.
Already is a FW all time great and working on his BW legacy. Phone Post 3.0

OP here. I agree with you guys and shouldn't have included him. I questioned listing him at the time, but for some reason went ahead with it. Always good to have people disagree without resorting to name calling.
It's all in good spirit!
To answer your question I'll say Bisping is the biggest name that comes to mind who is definitely not an all time great.
He is GOAT gatekeeper though (Bisping fan here) and that's not a bad thing.

What about Randleman or Bas? Phone Post 3.0

Bas gets icon/legendary status

Cruz is the goat bantamweight.

Miguel Torres is r he name that should be on this list

Malvert the Janitor - 
Bobby Lupo - GSP beat BJ once, then he broke the man the second time they fought. BJ just quit. He quit while sitting on his ass between rounds.
Yup. And he's the biggest win of GSP's career. A little quitting lightweight. Phone Post 3.0

Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks, Condit, maybe even Alves, were more significant wins.

BJ tapped to the water bottle

Yeah, BJ is GSP's biggest win, not beating the most dominant welterweight champ before him twice (Matt Hughes, for those demented people that think BJ is his biggest win).

Diaz, Sonnen, Bisping, Florian, Rampage (was champ once but lost it fast), Fitch. Babalu, Karo, I am sure there is alot more.

Shogun.
Machida.
Frank Trigg.
David Loiseau.
Jim Miller.
Glover.
Gus. Phone Post 3.0