Fighters you hated, never appreciated until they were gone

My number 1 most hated fighter of all time was Chael Sonnen. I was an Anderson Silva fan. I love jiu jitsu and Chael of course said Anderson’s black belt was the equivalent of a toy in your Happy Meal. I was a kid in high school at the time and I took that shit seriously as if Sonnen was insulting my own mother lol. I HATED this man with a passion

Years later? Sonnen is one of my favorite MMA personalities. I’m subscribed to his podcast and listen to him twice a week. He’s awesome and now as an adult I can appreciate everything he did to promote the two fights with Silva. And his submission win over Shogun Rua was a thing of legend that imo we don’t talk enough about here on the UG

My number 2 would be Frank Mir. As a Brock Lesnar fan I HATED this man. I felt Brock was robbed in the first fight. When do you ever see a fight get stopped and stood up after just ONE punch to the back of the head? Then Frank talked so much shit leading up to the rematch. Frank mir beat Big Nog twice which hurt all of us. For years I hated this man’s guts and I remember I even created a private Facebook page called Frank Mir is the Devil and it somehow managed to get a few hundred people to join it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: once again I was in high school at the time so give me a break

Years later though I enjoy him a bit more. His two finishes over Big Nog were legendary and I just gotta tip my cap to him for those wins

What about you UG?

3 Likes

High school me when Frank mir said “I’m working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that Brock doesn’t even know the names of”

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Adult me revisiting that same trash talk:

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

3 Likes

3 Likes

Bisping, sort of. I HATED Bisping until he fought Chael (I was a big Chael fan), so I wasn’t rooting for Bisping, but after that fight I loved him.

8 Likes

Lesnar. HW will never be the same.

5 Likes

ronda rousey sport GIF by UFC

4 Likes

Big facts. The HW division totally sucks

1 Like

Damn…was thinking real hard about this and I think this is my answer as well…for a time there was legit excitement for her fights…today’s WMMA? not so much

1 Like

Chuck Liddell… I appreciate his mentality now.

3 Likes

Damn. The Iceman made me a fan the very first time I ever saw him when I was a young kid. The bright blue shorts. The Mohawk and goatee. The highlight reel knock outs! :facepunch:t2:

He really earned that nickname cause his walk outs he always looked as calm as someone who was simply going for a walk through the park

I can’t really think of a fighter that I’ve hated. Maybe Colby? But he’s still here.

Jon Jones is a fighter I’ve grown to hate and will very much appreciate if he stays gone

3 Likes

BJ

Bisping probably #1

4 Likes

he was good for the sport imo

1 Like

Some of the fighters i hated, i STILL dont like lol

Ronda and Koscheck come to mind

6 Likes

GSP

1 Like

I hated Diego Sanchez and, no nevermind, still don’t like him.

1 Like

Bisping is best answer I can think of, good question OP.

2 Likes

Dan Hardy. I liked his shit talk against Marcus Davis saying he isn’t Irish and it made Davis go berserk

2 Likes

Brock Lesnar. Always wanted to watch him lose because people were saying he could beat Fedor.

But in the end he was a perfect heel and so entertaining

3 Likes