Fighting Event For Over 50

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is or was a fighting event for older people - like an over 50/60 year old fighting event. If there isn't anything like it - I think it would be great to watch. My father and I were watching a UFC and he got really excited about the idea of a UFC type event for his age group.

I don't think an entire seniors event would be feasible, but it might not be too hard to set up a single match at a show.

Does your Dad train?

yeah he trains. but mainly he's just a tough tough strong bastard.

anybody know of anything like this?

Several of the larger grappling events have Masters (over 30) and some even have Executive (over 40). I think I have seen one with over 50 classes. I have never seen MMA advertised as a "mature competitor" event, though.

hmmm.. well my dad is really into the idea so if someone is interested in the idea -- even if it
s just for one fight -- let me know. My dad is basically a tough Bronx guy that used to own gyms and had boxing rings in his gyms. He trained with the best boxers around and also alot of the top martial artists of the time. He never actually took "karte classes" but used to toy with all the black belts he sparred with in the ring. He squatted 500 lbs. weighing 140 and had other insane strength accomplishments.

Great question. Just because you're 40, 50 or 60 doesn't mean you don't like to throw-down once in a while. How much does your dad weigh now?

he weighs about 180 - but would probably fight an good shape at about 160

he weighs about 180 - but would probably fight an good shape at about 160

TTT for the old dudes

Skip Hall is the man. 60 years young, looks great fights great and a true gentleman.

But if your Dad is a newbie, then I would stay clear of Skip... He hits like a rock.

Skip Hall is the man. 60 years young, looks great fights great and a true gentleman.
But if your Dad is a newbie, then I would stay clear of Skip... He hits like a rock.

He's far from a newbie - He just lacks some traditional ground training -- but he has worked with the worlds best boxers and martial artists in his day. Trust me - he is the exception to almost any rule - one of those total freaks of nature.

Would anyone at a fairly big event be willing to set up this fight for about 1 year from now?