FightQuest & Human Weapon

Are both these shows cancelled?

I believe so. I know Human Weapon is done. The ratings were pretty good but it is very expensive to make because of all the travel involved.

I heard Fight Quest was canceled. I never saw the show but I watched some clips on Youtube and I liked what I saw.

themstiles - I believe so. I know Human Weapon is done. The ratings were pretty good but it is very expensive to make because of all the travel involved.
You sure about that? Second class round the world tickets for many, many stops and 50K miles are only around $3K per person. Many of those kind of shows get even cheaper fares if they use the company in a commercial or give them props in the credits.

It may have been a bit costly for some reasos, but if you notice, many times the guys even stayed in cheap hotels and one room hostels. The cost to make a series like that is usually a couple million, and it makes back the money fairly easily if it's pre-sold to places like History Channel.

They only visited the following countries from what could tell. Two in the USA and two in Malayasia/Indonesia.

Thailand

Japan

Indonesia

France

Greece

Israel

USA

China

Russia

Cambodia

Malaysia

Just chatting, no dis intended. :)

=====Revised location list=====

Thailand

Philippines

Japan  (3x)

France

Greece

Israel

United States (2x)

China

Russia

Cambodia

Malaysia

South Korea

themstiles - I believe so. I know Human Weapon is done. The ratings were pretty good but it is very expensive to make because of all the travel involved.
The History channel revised its format and dropped all of their contemporary setting shows, effectively pulling the plug on Human Weapon.

At least that was the official posture. Jason might be able to shed a different light on it, though.

WidespreadPanic - 
You sure about that? Second class round the world tickets for many, many stops and 50K miles are only around $3K per person. Many of those kind of shows get even cheaper fares if they use the company in a commercial or give them props in the credits.

I think Fight Quest might have gotten cancelled because the little guy with the tattos spazzed out with the Sword and injured the face of the Indian guy during the Indian episode.

There was supposed to be a Hong Kong Wing Chun episode after that but they never aired a new show after the Indian accident.

The History channel revised its format and dropped all of their contemporary setting shows, effectively pulling the plug on Human Weapon.

At least that was the official posture.

They still have ice road truckers.

WidespreadPanic - 

It may have been a bit costly for some reasos, but if you notice, many times the guys even stayed in cheap hotels and one room hostels. The cost to make a series like that is usually a couple million, and it makes back the money fairly easily if it's pre-sold to places like History Channel.

They only visited the following countries from what could tell. Two in the USA and two in Malayasia/Indonesia.

Thailand
Japan
Indonesia
France
Greece
Israel
USA
China
Russia
Cambodia
Malaysia

Just chatting, no dis intended. :)

You do know that they need a film crew right?

WeeWillyWinky - 

At least that was the official posture.

They still have ice road truckers.
Yeah, go figure.

Deadliest Catch on wheels just doesn't do it for me, either. Think I've sat thru 2 complete segments of that show.

BruceLeeMMAfighting - 
WidespreadPanic - 

I think Fight Quest might have gotten cancelled because the little guy with the tattos spazzed out with the Sword and injured the face of the Indian guy during the Indian episode.

There was supposed to be a Hong Kong Wing Chun episode after that but they never aired a new show after the Indian accident.

I just watched the Wing Chun episode a couple months ago. I thought a new season was starting but I haven't seen any new episodes since.

Damn, both were fun as hell to watch

TTT for Jason to answer

FightQuest  for the win.

thats a shame, they were both cool shows

There's only so far you can go with those shows though. After a season or two, you've covered the most known systems.
"This week, we're training w/ Dillman."

^that would actually have been a great episode.

A few months back I was at an mma show in Mass and Doug Anderson was fighting on the card. A bunch of guys asked him what was next for Fight Quest and he said they might get picked up by an Asian tv network.  He said that the show as a whole was deemed "too violent for American audiences".

jason came on here & said the show was 0ne & done.

i think jason was a great host and should be doing more of that kind of gig, but fight quest was a much better show. at least for people that actually train. less contrived. i like both shows, but i really liked fight quest. i hope it make a return somehow-MM