Fights that the fans were robbed of?

I was looking back on EliteXC.

A little over a month after the Petruzelli - Slice shit show. We were supposed to get Elite XC: Night of Champions.

Two fights on this card back in 2008 were Scott Smith vs Hector Lombard, while the other was Eddie Alvarez vs Nick Diaz. . . We were fucking ROBBED!

Those fights would have been insane!!!

Any other wicked fights we were robbed of?!?!?

6 Likes

Also Tank - Butterbean

Again, we were ROBBED.

3 Likes

Tank vs Butterbean would have been fun while it lasted but by 2009 it would have taken Butterbean less than two minutes to get Tank out of there.

Tank vs Goodridge was supposed to happen at UFC 19 but Tank pulled out. Vitor vs Tito was supposed to be the main event but Vitor pulled out.

Back in the day I first felt really robbed of not getting to see Saku vs Rickson. That was the fight everyone wanted to see most by 2000.

In the modern era I got that same “robbed” feeling when Khabib vs Oliveira didn’t happen for Khabib’s 30th fight.

As lot of newer fans seem to feel robbed of not getting to see Fedor vs Randy and Fedor vs Brock but never got too worried about those fights.

4 Likes

Nick Diaz vs Jason “Mayhem” Miller

5 Likes

Fedor vs anyone in the ufc

Silva v. GSP

Edwards v. Khamzat (covid)

Khabib v. Tony obviously

5 Likes

Now that you mention Goodridge that reminds me of a fight we lost out on in K1.

When Shannon Briggs made his debut in K1, knocking out Tom Erikson.

Shannon post fight immediately called out Gary Goodridge. This fight never materialized, I beleive Briggs decided to opt out of K1 due to leg kicks.

Briggs later would claim he didn’t think these low kicks would be as painful as they were.

Briggs vs Goodridge in K1 would have been insane.

4 Likes

I always think of Frye vs Ruas.

I was so excited for that fight. Then the PPV comes on and they said Frye was fighting this little Brazilian dude I’d never heard of. I don’t think they even mentioned Ruas, leaving me and everyone else looking forward to the fight feeling like we got baited and switched.

2 Likes

Colby Covington v. Khamzat

Dana announced the winner of Khamzat v. Gilbert burns would fight Colby. That was meant to be Khamzat

Then Masvidal pulled his trash ass move where he attacked Colby and sent him to the hospital or whatever happened and ruined that for us

2 Likes

Yeah back then it could have been good.

1 Like

Ruas vs Shamrock would have been another good one in the mid 90’s.

2 Likes

I will mention Wes Sims twice.

Always was a fan of the big guy. I remember TUF so many people were excited for Kimbo I could care less.

I wanted to see Sims go in there and win it all!

That said we were supposed to get Sims vs Tim Sylvia twice.

One time reportedly for the IFC in the next province over to me in New Brunswick. Former UFC LHW Roger Hollett was scheduled to be on this card. I was Rogers sparring partner for a couple of years.

Also at Pride 33 we were scheduled to get Kazuyuki Fujita vs Sims.

Again we were robbed this would have been great to see!

1 Like

In Boxing, Paul Williams vs. Mayweather,

1 Like

Was that fight supposed to happen before, or after the Martinez 2 KO??

Man did Sergio put him out.

Williams was so tall for his weight classes. That would have been interesting.

1 Like

Mayweathers camp wanted nothing to do with him, him and PAC avoided Paul like the plague

2 Likes

In boxing I am reminded of David Tua vs Mike Tyson.

Would have been insane.

2 Likes

Rickson/everybody
Fedor/Americans
Khabib/Tony

3 Likes

We almost had Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez for the interim heavyweight title at UFC 110

3 Likes

Robbie Lawler was supposed to fight Baroni at UFC 51 and Pete Sell stepped in to replace him on short notice. Matt Hughes was supposed to fight Karo Parysian a few UFCs later. I think Hughes would have ran through him, but looking back on MMA history, it definitely feels like a fight that should have happened.

4 Likes

CroCop vs Randy is the one the first popped into my mind.

4 Likes

Francis Ngannou vs Jon Jones

6 Likes