Filipinos Americans in the UFC?

Ross the boss Ebanez is pinoy (out of BJ penns camp)
Robbie Lawler
Dave Velasquez is half
Brandon vera
the last guy who fought genki sudo, forgot his name
leigh remedios (fought sudo at the ufc in england)

the people I have known that are half Filipino look like they have zero asian blood in them.

Ryan Diaz from Canada,lost his TKO featherweight title fight to Mark Hominick..He possibly coulda been added to the UFC Filipino list had he of won.

i think vera is d only proud to be flip.and he is half.the rest just claim hawaiian.screw those.

1/2 Italian, 1/2 Filipino....based on the logic some people are using, the Italians can also claim them as their own and use him for National bragging rights.

I was reading a thread here sometime back when mentioning that BV was going to wave a 2 sided flag with Filipino and US on opposite sides (a la ortiz). I was in the PI when the tsunami hit that area and Pacquiao was fighting a muay thai fighter that was breaking into the professional boxing circuit. Pacman tore him up and the pinoys were cheering at the highest decibels. Flips have had a boot on our neck for the past 500 years and anything that can give you a sense of pride and connection to your group or people helps.

Brandon, kick some ass, pare, rep the PI and US proud!

is jay isip half pinoy?  he fights in the kip kollar mma shows

im half pinoy.....poeple think i'm puerto rican

Hold on.

Brandon Vera and Robbie Lawler are PINOY???

That's awesome!

Mabuhay are Pilipinas!

You forgot one of the most famous Pinoy's in the UFC. BJ Penn!

I...thought BJ Penn was hawaiian?

This thread is a bit ridiculous, but BJ Penn is not filipino. Not every person in Hawaii has filipino blood in them.

BJ Penn is Hawaiian, Korean and some kind of European. His dad is J.D Penn, mother is Lorraine Shin.

Yeah, I remember Penn explaining his origins in a magazine once, not Filipino. Anthony Torres is another that people get wrong -- his family has their roots in Saipan.

I have heard Lawler is of a Native American Indian background, from here I think, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's Filipino mixed in, either.

TH

Really? I thought this whole time that he's a Flip. Wow! You learn somthing new every day.

eben kaneshiro: japanese name, but i rolled with him when in the philippines . i think he recently got his black belt. also, john ouano (provides ufc their gloves and many people with bjj gis) if filipino though he's not an mma fighter - he's in the business.

lol at "bakla ka".

I actually talked to a guy of while we were deployed in kuwait and he said he was from Hilo and told me that BJ Penn is Filipino. I am not saying he is but that's what I heard. But I also read in one of the original FightSport Magazines which BJ was explaining his ethnic roots and Filipino was not one of them.

Can anyone who trains or know BJ personally confirm?

Is there anyone here that trains at MFS that can confirm Robbie Lawler?

Screw the pinoy fighters, lets talk pinay singers!

Nicole Scherzinger and CASSIIIIIE!!! Daaaam, she is haaaat!

"I actually talked to a guy of while we were deployed in kuwait and he said he was from Hilo and told me that BJ Penn is Filipino. I am not saying he is but that's what I heard. But I also read in one of the original FightSport Magazines which BJ was explaining his ethnic roots and Filipino was not one of them. "

That guy was filipino too right? And wanted to "claim" BJ as filipino?

But Fightsport magazine was correct. BJ Penn does not have filipino roots, however I could care less as he is still one of my favorite fighters.

BJs real last name is actually Penangtapang.