first look at UFC Venum apparel

MasterofMartialArts -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

The fact that they rejected Whitman’s gear says a whole lot about how they view fighter safety. 

From my understanding, the UFC wanted to own Whitman’s brand. He wasn’t willing to give it up, which I don’t blame him for. At the end of the day if it doesn’t make sense for them financially, then they won’t do it. 

I completely disagree. Fighter safety should be paramount above money. Trevor wanted to work with them, his only stipulation was he wanted to retain ownership. That’s not too much to ask for at all. 

MasterofMartialArts -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

The fact that they rejected Whitman’s gear says a whole lot about how they view fighter safety. 

From my understanding, the UFC wanted to own Whitman’s brand. He wasn’t willing to give it up, which I don’t blame him for. At the end of the day if it doesn’t make sense for them financially, then they won’t do it. 

He should have sold it.  What’s his technology worth if it’s only good for his fighters to train with?  

But more importantly, all somebody has to do is copy his technology and make a few alterations.

I think someone is going to steal his idea, particularly with his glove model.

![](upload://keSU3GlyBOlQc2BToIBQZlnN6ON.png)

Reebok and UFC really shit the bed with the Uno card blandness. No one wants to see all the fighters look alike. it was cool to see Chuck in his Iceman trunk. or appreciating Rich Franklin making poop brown/pink work, Phil Davis in the hot pink lol, the Korean Zombie shirt!. nobody wants to buy something with UFC all over it. they want to support their fighters! it’s like when Rob Lowe wore that NFL hat. just boring. hopefully Venum has some fun.

2 Likes
MasterofMartialArts - 
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

Whitman wanted to have it across MMA not the UFC only. 

1 Like

Making Cro Cop take off his Croatian Flag shorts was like when Kiss took off the make up. Nothing was ever the same after that...

2 Likes

logo placement is fugly

Darth Potato -
Steven McTowelie -
MGIM -

I like Venum, but I like fighters wearing their own sponsors and their own much more. Uniforms erode the characters. 

Ah yes, Condom Depot, Dude Wipes, and Bob’s Tires really brought out the individuality and characters.

There was literally a condom sponsor on the last card.

Its not about appropriate vs inappropriate, the dick cover sponsor money went into IMGs account and not some lowly fighters so it's completely fine.

1 Like
Giventofly99 -

Making Cro Cop take off his Croatian Flag shorts was like when Kiss took off the make up. Nothing was ever the same after that...

Or GSP coming out without the gi.

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
MasterofMartialArts -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

I completely disagree. Fighter safety should be paramount above money. Trevor wanted to work with them, his only stipulation was he wanted to retain ownership. That’s not too much to ask for at all. 

I agree that fighter safety comes first, but I don’t work for the UFC. That’s their point of view. 

knockoutfighter -
MasterofMartialArts -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

He should have sold it.  What’s his technology worth if it’s only good for his fighters to train with?  

But more importantly, all somebody has to do is copy his technology and make a few alterations.

I think someone is going to steal his idea, particularly with his glove model.

Yeah I don’t know what I would have done if I were Trevor. What I DO know is that I wouldn’t have given as much information about the design of the gloves to the public on JRE. 

He does sell the gloves and other equipment. It is very expensive (obviously high quality for pros), and they are hand made from what I understand (can’t remember for sure). 

You raise a good point about his ideas being stolen, particularly the design of the glove and its material. I don’t know what he was offered, it could have been a shitty deal. Plus if he accepted, it wouldn’t have aligned with his goal of making the equipment available for the entire MMA community. It just sucks, because those gloves seem amazing. 

Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

Whitman wanted to have it across MMA not the UFC only. 

Yeah and the UFC doesn’t want to pay for another brand of gloves. They want to buy an established brand, make it their own, and be in complete control of the manufacturing and sales for said products. They want to be completely vertically integrated. 

knappster -

![](upload://2QVgkyAWnvhglY8IDn9h8YyxfoQ.jpeg)

looks solid.

glad its an actual mma brand that wants to win.

i am hopeful they kill it on the clothing and properly cross brand/design and work with the fighters.

JoeVIP -

I Like Venums gear and clothes. 

So do I. I just got a shipment with some new focus mitts, a pair of boxing gloves for my ten year old, and a track jacket for him. The majority of my gear is Venum. 

jgiveshead -

Damn... looks like all of the Giblert tshirts are gone already.  I wonder if they still have some of those Conor tshirts with Ireland erased from the map.

Ireland was missing because there they don't defend. 

Darth Potato -
Steven McTowelie -
MGIM -

I like Venum, but I like fighters wearing their own sponsors and their own much more. Uniforms erode the characters. 

Ah yes, Condom Depot, Dude Wipes, and Bob’s Tires really brought out the individuality and characters.

There was literally a condom sponsor on the last card.

They’ve been doing stuff with Trojan for a while now.

Slight difference between that and a big Condom Depot across every other guy’s ass.

I’m a bit of a sports minimalist anyway. I hate watching ads on everything, especially uniforms. Takes away from the experience for me but it’s the way things are now and what I prefer doesn’t matter.

I agree that the different brands and and colours of shorts was more individualistic and fun, but the NASCAR sponsors and ad banners were tacky as shit. But a minor inconvenience for the viewer and if it makes fighters some money then it’s all good.

mdfmma123 -
JoeVIP -

I Like Venums gear and clothes. 

So do I. I just got a shipment with some new focus mitts, a pair of boxing gloves for my ten year old, and a track jacket for him. The majority of my gear is Venum. 

Yeah. I have Venum trunks and gloves, have used their gear for years. Their equipment has a minimalist appearance, and high durability. I will continue to use them for as long as I train. 

Soul Gravy - This, Dana commands!

Cobra la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!

Street cred points for remembering the Cobra / Isis battle cry