Fl. Seminar Fall 2003 Highlights!

Matt Thornton Florida Seminar Fall 2003 Highlights!

Our product page and ordering information will be updated in 24 hours but I hope you enjoy the clip. If anyone knows how to make this a direct link instead of my typing monkey style cut and paste one, please assist.

DSL:

http://www.onedragon.com/videos/MT2003dsl.wmv

56K:

http://www.onedragon.com/videos/MT200356k.wmv

As to the content:

The Matt Thornton Florida Seminar 2003 DVD set is dedicated to the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as trained by the SBGI and features the organizations unique, proven, and readily transferable coaching methods that are sure to rapidly increase your learning curve and assure your success and longevity with this beautiful and effective art, sport and self-defense approach.

Featured are white through black belts, men and women, ages 13 through 45 and all working hand in hand with the same material and from introduction on through to integration.

The atmosphere and material on this set clearly shows that fun and intensity, sport and recreation, performance and contribution can all come together in an integrated curriculum, coaching philosophy and FUN-ctional training environment. If you truly want to experience BJJ as done by the SBGI on a day to day basis, look no further!

Just some of the topics covered on the set:

SBGi Training Methodology (Increasing your growth curve through smart training.)

1.)Non-Attribute Based Training

a.)Training relaxed and have fun (mental /psychological)

b.)Training healthy or with physical well being and longevity in mind.

c.)Training technically. (Shelf attributes and individual strengths.)

d.)Training attribute stripped movements and delivery systems. (Fundamentals)

e.)Drill all fundamentals endlessly.

I-Method (Shown throughout the set by example.)

Safety Position, Posture, and Combat Base (Building a safe foundation to work from.)

Opening the Guard (The basic dos and donts of gi and no gi.)

The Pit Stop from the high climb to arm bar, triangle and omo plata. (Active working position from the high climb that allows for both rest and aggressive attackes.)

The 2 on 1 Guard Pass (A seemingly unorthodox but high percentage pass that immediately gives you several options to take.)

The NHB Guard (Working strategy of the A.P.E. guard in addressing strikes.)

Climbing Guard (Using the high guard to set up submissions based on also controlling your opponent and keeping them trapped at the same time.)

Assuring the Arm Bar (Key methods to attain, and counter arm bar counters to assure your submission.)

Countering the Kimura (Basic counters to one of the most high percentage submissions in both gi and no gi games.)

Holding Top Position (Fundamental Five of attaining, maintaining and transitioning while holding top.)

Crushing Game (All about creating the necessary pressures to allow for submissions to happen and become available to you. A very motivational game and approach to say the least.)

Pomitions (Keeping tight and securing submissions in a way that does not compromise position. Position and Submission as one.)

Floating Game (Imagine surfing on a stronger and larger opponent and only coming in for a landing between his efforts or ready made submissions. The floating game relies on balance and timing and creates submissions less through pressure but more so on and with motion.)

Tempo / Slow Rolling & Matches (Technical Integrations done as warm ups, drilling methods, and competitive exercises. Plenty here to play over and over and catch glimpses of tactics and game styles.)

-Luis

www.onedragon.com

Just watched the clip. . .very cool. Nice work Luis. It's really fun to see the smaller kids playing that floating game, and moving so fluidly.

-Matt Thornton
www.straightblastgym.com

Awesome. http://www.onedragon.com/videos/MT2003dsl.wmv http://www.onedragon.com/videos/MT200356k.wmv

How much will the set be? Thanks!

Thanks Andrew!

Awesome!

Gubbs,

I am taking the masters to the duplication company tomorrow and will sort out the price then. The set will be on DVD.

I will post the price and pre-order information within a a day or two. Pre-orders will ship out prior to the SBGI Camp.

-Luis

www.onedragon.com

How much of the material is Sport BJJ(gi)? I'm really interested in seeing Matt's gi game.

Looks good Luis!

Make sure you back up your computer:)

Mike

Very, very cool!

C.J.

Ryan,

Its no gi or no gi specific as it's dedicated to the training methods and approach to guard, top and bottom games as trained by the SBG. With so many excellent gi and no gi sets out there I think what's often lacking is how best to integrate all the material and train it in a manner conducive to longevity in the art and with a learning method that really accelerates your learning curve and stresses technique over attribute based training. In other words, this set is excellent for both students and instructors as it really shows a unique way of both looking at the art and the science behind learning / teaching it.

Matt shows certain techniques with both sports in mind and mentions specific handles but his emphasis is always on the dynamics behind the delivery and how to relate to them and then improve upon them via your own skill level and attributes. That's why all those attending from age 13 through mid forty and from white belt on up trained the same material from start to finish.

Also and as usual, Matt rolls with everyone and there are quite a few matches on the set. Those alone demonstrate exactly what is being taught and much more in that you get to pick off all sorts of little things in motion. You might even catch the "V" pass ;)

-Luis

www.onedragon.com

Great Clip!

Chuck

Thanks guys....

Guess what....6,600 plus hits and we just crashed our server!

Needless to say, I'll be up late tonight making the clip a bit shorter.

-Luis

What's the music from?

its the rev!

Malaga....

Classical guitar piece done by many.

-Luis

TTT for pre-ordering info.