Flograppling

Watching master worlds today on Flo and they would have ads going on in the middle of the matches. Is it just me or does anyone else find that super unnecessary and annoying. We pay to watch grappling , not ads.

Yep, for the past few years on Reddit whenever people shit on Flo I would always say it’s a good deal, especially considering you get flowrestling with it

I just let mine lapse and didn’t sign back up-im sick of trying to watch anything and it freezes or skips every minute meanwhile they damn sure run all their commercials in perfect HD quality

Well I was about to sign up. Maybe not?

The cost seems a pittance over a year. Still not value enough?

I mean it is and it isn’t … they have good reading content on the pro membership but the ads kill all the live stuff . I missed my teammates quarter final match at world’s and didn’t even know if he won or not. And then last night my other teammate was in the finals and one came up. He didn’t up winning and thank God I got to see it .

yes, it is infuriating. For a paid subscription service, the ads are way too ridiculously long

I haven’t read anything good about Flograppling in a loooooong time.

In theory, Flo should be worth it. Ill deal with politics and ads, however annoying they might be. But when I had Flo, every single time the finals, or an important match came on, the stream would crash. And then Id go through the song and dance of complaining to customer service, basically to have them apologize and tell me to fuck off because nothing else could be done.

Its not hard. I pay you to show me a tournament. If you don’t show me the tournament, but keep my money, you’ve ripped me off. Never again.

It seems to be a nice example of a monopoly forming (oligopoly really but effectively?). I haven’t signed up but from the outside I see complaint after complaint and predictably little seems to be done. Zero competition results in zero effort. A beautiful textbook example.

So, there is room for another supplier to differentiate (higher quality/reliable streams, good customer service, match announcer that isn’t a(n) (alleged) dirtbag etc.) and take a share of the bjj competition/lifestyle video consumption profit.

But we find that there are barriers to entry that will stop this from happening. The capital required for broadcasting is a non-issue these days (phones, cheap cameras, high-speed wireless bandwidth etc), but the exclusive contracts are. Contracts with the big tournaments, contracts with competitors etc.

I won’t be signing up to Flograppling.

Id be cool the ads as well if they did them between matches . I get that they have to make money , I’m all for that and I’ll give them mine . But I want to see what I am paying for at least . The articles are a nice read though besides the time they hated on me before my fight with Peter Barrett lol but they ate those words haha