Florian looked good...the question is how good?

Although he hasn't beat amazing competition lately, I feel Kenny has a skillset that would make him competitive with some of the very best in the division. He hasn't beaten the competition to earn the ranking, but skill wise I feel he would be competitive with some top 5 LW's.

That being said, he could win his next 10 UFC fights in the first round by KO and I still feel that Penn would have his number. There's just a disparity in ability that I don't see Kenny ever fully overcoming.

BJ would actually throw punches back.

Florian's jab looks like it couldn't break a piece of toilet paper.

How do you think he'd match up with guys like hansen and alvarez though?

I think he has the ground game to cause some headaches and his striking style matches up well with the brawling style of the two listed above.

He also would be a tough matchup for Aoki.

Melendez would be the worst stylistic matchup outside of penn.

MickColins -  Florian's jab looks like it couldn't break a piece of toilet paper.

CORRECT!!!but i believe the term is wet piece of toilet papaer.jk

1 word to describe kenblo's jab (albeit compound) FLEAFLICKER!!

he deserves another shot yes,but for his own good...not now

I can see Kenny beating just about everyone but BJ. I don't know what he would have for Penn, and my dreams of Gomi having something for BJ have been dashed as well now.

Kenny looked great.

Gomi looked like shit.

Hard to gage exactly how great imo though.

Kenny looked really good but Gomi was so crappy it doesn't necessarily mean much. Right from the beginning, Gomi was painfully slow and seemed virtually clueless.

Reed Rothchild - 
MickColins -  Florian's jab looks like it couldn't break a piece of toilet paper.

yeah goldie and rogan were on kenny nuts tonight....  I thought kenny won rnd 1 easy.... Gomi won rnd 2 (kenny did nothing )   it seemed those body shots to kenny slowed him down in the stand up.    And in the 3rd before the takedown was all gomi.    But it was a smart move for kenny to go for the td, because he was going to get ko'd. 

lol there was like 30 seconds before the takedown, and kenflo landed a good knee in the only exchange

Griffen would rape florian

Looked to me like Kenflo went for the takedown because he got rocked.

As long as BJ is a lw, everyone is fighting for 2nd place.

"i thought his jab looked really good. it seemed to really piss gomi off"

Def threw Gomi off...but too easily imo

"Looked to me like Kenflo went for the takedown because he got rocked."

Its possible but bottom line is that he was also ripe for a td and paid the ultimate price for it. He was outclassed standing, got taken down and tapped. Dam...

"As long as BJ is a lw, everyone is fighting for 2nd place."

Yup.

Old Timey - 
Reed Rothchild - 

yeah goldie and rogan were on kenny nuts tonight....  I thought kenny won rnd 1 easy.... Gomi won rnd 2 (kenny did nothing )   it seemed those body shots to kenny slowed him down in the stand up.    And in the 3rd before the takedown was all gomi.    But it was a smart move for kenny to go for the td, because he was going to get ko'd. 

OMFW on Gomi winning any round?  You have got to be trolling!  LMAO    Gomi never came close to finishing Kenny!! 

lol. oh the ironing.

now you know how you look to everyone else with your endless "Kenny was winning all the rounds against BJ til he got caught, Florian smashes Penn in the rematch" sad rationalization crusade you're still riding 7 months later.

you feel embarrassed for the person saying it, don't you?

kenny will never beat penn. end of thread. 

Reed Rothchild - 

Please make haste to the nearest opthamologist or Optometrist as I believe your prescription needs updating.

Kenny/BJ = Rich/Anderson

No matter how hard he tries, I don't think Kenny gets past BJ.

Kenny's definitely #2 in that division and I think he'd put a beating on Aoki and Hansen. With Alvarez, there's always the risk of something big landing (like Gomi), but I think Kenny beats him 8/10 times.

The issue, like others have pointed out, is that BJ is just that much better than everyone else. I think Kenny can beat the others. The Rich Franklin comparison is a fair one.

Reed Rothchild - 

THIS^ Gomi was starting to hurt Kenny, but didnt have any gas left. The shot he hit kenny with prompted the TD, IMO.

Sorry to hate, cuz I really believe kenny is a top fighter, but baby jay would have finished "that gomi" in rd 1.

Kenny's jab and head movement made Gomi look like "that Gomi"

I thought Nate Diaz' "powerless" jab caused similar trouble for Rory.

BJ is the Michael Jordan of the LW division....and lb for lb in all divisions with his current refocused conditioning.