Florian responds to illegal elbows accusation

Remember Diego Nunes' coaches accusing Kenny of dirty elbows? We asked him about it in an interview we did yesterday

http://www.fightlinker.com/kenny-florian-interview-weight-cuts-title-shots-and-illegal-elbows

"I saw the quote and I think something got crossed up in translation but it was obviously how I was throwing them (the elbows). This is actually something I ask every ref before a fight. What does he consider a legal elbow and what is back of the head. Big John (who was the referee in that fight) is the standard for refereeing and what other referees try to be and we literally went over this for 5 to 10 min in the dressing room before the fight for what he considers legal or not. He is the best in the business and he would have said something if he saw something that was illegal during the fight."

"Often times, if a fighter moves his head after they have been hit straight on, they turn their head. This puts their head in danger, so they are putting themselves into danger by moving their own head. I don’t know if they are making excuses for the loss and I hope they aren’t. I know that Diego was holding the fence half a dozen times during the fight and I know for a fact that is illegal as he was warned numerous times during the fight."

Thoughts?

If he employs a 'goofy non-florian gameplan' and gets on top of aldo. All these killers on the feet don't look so deadly off their back

Kenflo by truth.

Holding the fence is much more blatent in intent then hitting at the back of the head.

half the refs in mma don't know the basic rule :(

I think his elbows are BS. Their only intent is to cut and not actually hurt an opponent. It was awesome seeing BJ give him a taste of his own medicine elbowing him in the face about a dozen times.

"Their only intent is to cut and not actually hurt an opponent"

The ones from the guard are hard and im sure dont feel good. It immediately puts the guy on top on defense and often stops any offensive action from him

stillmatic - I think his elbows are BS. Their only intent is to cut and not actually hurt an opponent. It was awesome seeing BJ give him a taste of his own medicine elbowing him in the face about a dozen times.

Nunes' coach specifically said that the elbows and blood loss had a dramatic effect on his performance.

StoryPutTheHorrorOnTheTitbull - 
stillmatic - I think his elbows are BS. Their only intent is to cut and not actually hurt an opponent. It was awesome seeing BJ give him a taste of his own medicine elbowing him in the face about a dozen times.

Nunes' coach specifically said that the elbows and blood loss had a dramatic effect on his performance.

Sounds like they hurt him, and did the job then.

I'm not taking sides, but this isn't the first time this has come up. Joe Lauzon made essentially the same complaint that Nunez made.

Also, LOL at Florian complaining that somebody was holding the fence. Cue the Sherk/Florian .gifs.

Meohfumado - 
StoryPutTheHorrorOnTheTitbull - 

Sounds like they hurt him, and did the job then.

Exactly. Elbows from guard are a legit technique, not just cosmetic.

excuses for loosing....

grabbing the fence apparently is not bad thou

cry more!

Hopefully it's not illegal for Kenny to actually show up for a championship bout this time like it's apparently been the other times. That aside, elbows were/are good as long as back side of head wasn't showing as target when KenFlo began the throwing motion or Ken's not pushing head down as he throws. All other chatter from opposing camps just sounds like whining. Phone Post

Fightlinker - half the refs in mma don't know the basic rule :(

True.

Only half baked fags complain about elbows.

cant wait for the aldo fight

kenflo will then officially be the buffalo bills of mma

sside maurice - I'm not taking sides, but this isn't the first time this has come up. Joe Lauzon made essentially the same complaint that Nunez made.

Also, LOL at Florian complaining that somebody was holding the fence. Cue the Sherk/Florian .gifs.
And just like Nunes, Lauzon lost to Florian. And buried his face in Florians chest when he was on top. His fault moreso than Florians

BrockbackMountain - Kenflo by truth.

Holding the fence is much more blatent in intent then hitting at the back of the head.

Wow youre smart!

Holding the fence doesnt cut the opponent nor hurt the opponent. Big difference. Thats a fkn stupid analogy... Phone Post

slamming - 
stillmatic - I think his elbows are BS. Their only intent is to cut and not actually hurt an opponent.

What a fucking bizarre comment.

Let me drive the point of my elbow directly down on the top of your head and let me know if it feels like im trying to hurt you or not.

LOL

/end faggot

^^Cuts don't end fights!!

Personally I don't think ANY elbows should be illegal from bottom. It'd sure help stop lay and pray.

TTT for fightlinker one of the most informative and funny mma sites on the web!