Floyd Mayweather Cuts $18 million Tax Check to Uncle Sam

Former world champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. just coughed up $18 million in taxes.

Mayweather has always boasted about how much money he makes inside and outside of the boxing ring. Even after retiring from his professional career, “Money” has made stacks of cash by fighting exhibition matches against lesser competition like Logan Paul, Deji Olatunji, Aaron Chalmers, and even John Gotti III. It’s been a brilliant plan by Mayweather to not only stay relevant, but continue to make big bucks.
Unfortunately, there is a price to pay when making millions of dollars punching people in the face. Like every other living, breathing American citizen, Mayweather is subject to pay taxes on his income. But what exactly does a tax payment look like from one of the wealthiest combat stars in the world?
On Friday, Mayweather leaked a photo of a check he just issued to the Department of Treasury. Unless “Money” is pulling the ultimate trick on his fans, he just paid over $18 million in taxes to Uncle Sam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3HEtbxrTNP/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=7e60e6c9-d0f4-425e-a1b2-b88eabb9e504

“I don’t kiss ass and I never have to beg for nothing especially not to get a Super Bowl suite. I don’t mind accepting invites at times, but one things for sure…The person that’s paying does all the saying. Therefore I get My Own seats and suites so I can do what I want and invite who I want! I’m blessed to be taking 34 people to experience the 1st Super Bowl in Las Vegas!”