Fluke my ass

Congrats to Eddie Phone Post 3.0

eddie made me a fan. never really a fan of his videos. i was cheering for him because of the pant situation and because he's never really gotten the respect as a bjj guy. eddie looked smooth with those transitions after weathering the early pressure from royler.

he fricken swept him and passed his guard. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this match, but i definitely didn't expect eddie to go out and dominate him positionally. that was more impressive to me than if eddie had pulled a sub out of his ass.

If you thought Eddie talked a lot before just wait until now... Phone Post 3.0

akb62 - Tuitions fees are going way up Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, you Bravo fan boys won't be laughing for long.

checkuroil - 
ozjiujitsu -
checkuroil - Where are Roylers highlights from that match Phone Post 3.0
I thought a highlight was a nearly 50 year old man stepping up to fight a 20 minute match. Everyone is talking about what a great fight it was and your sitting on your coach hanging onto the same old shit.

Don't be such a negative nelly Phone Post 3.0
Ten years of listening to people bitch about eddies luck. You guys gotta listen to something

Royler conducted himself like a jerk on the mat. He tried to cheat on the restart, he was throwing up his hands after he got swept, he started talking to Eddie during the match.

Eddie is no spring chicken. He is mid forties. He also never had the benefit of growing up Gracie.

Royler did what Rener did which was spin a tail about how he is still a winner cause he survived. Phone Post 3.0

This 100%.

A lot of people are gonna jump on the bandwagon now, and the people that have been so loud and vocally negative towards Eddie and the rest of us will be suspiciously quiet. It's fine.

There never was a fluke. Tonight settled that.

Last time Eddie used traditional Jiu Jitsu to beat Royler for the most part. Tonight, everything that Eddie did was straight out of the 10th Planet playbook.

I was proud to be Eddie's student yesterday, and I'm equally as proud today. Win, lose, or draw.

I'm glad we have CUO to step out and say all the things I wanna say, but don't have the balls to say sometimes :)

brandon_mc -
checkuroil - 
ozjiujitsu -
I thought a highlight was a nearly 50 year old man stepping up to fight a 20 minute match. Everyone is talking about what a great fight it was and your sitting on your coach hanging onto the same old shit.

Ten years of listening to people bitch about eddies luck. You guys gotta listen to something

Royler conducted himself like a jerk on the mat. He tried to cheat on the restart, he was throwing up his hands after he got swept, he started talking to Eddie during the match.

Eddie is no spring chicken. He is mid forties. He also never had the benefit of growing up Gracie.

Royler did what Rener did which was spin a tail about how he is still a winner cause he survived. Phone Post 3.0

This 100%.

A lot of people are gonna jump on the bandwagon now, and the people that have been so loud and vocally negative towards Eddie and the rest of us will be suspiciously quiet. It's fine.

There never was a fluke. Tonight settled that.

Last time Eddie used traditional Jiu Jitsu to beat Royler for the most part. Tonight, everything that Eddie did was straight out of the 10th Planet playbook.

I was proud to be Eddie's student yesterday, and I'm equally as proud today. Win, lose, or draw.

I'm glad we have CUO to step out and say all the things I wanna say, but don't have the balls to say sometimes :)
I'm a loudmouth. What can I say Phone Post 3.0

EXTREMELY entertaining match!

I was afraid it was gonna be boring --it wasn't.

Eddie was awesome.

F@ck it --all my gis are in a pile in the back yard... burning.

--FINALLY THE REVOLUTION STARTS TONIGHT!!!!!! --Who's with me?

:)

checkuroil - 
ozjiujitsu -

Not to mention all the gi pant grabbing that Royler was doing, it was constant and in poor sportsmanship. I lost respect for him because of that and the restart issue

I honestly went into this match thinking either outcome it wouldnt prove anything about the original. Since the original was 11 years ago and both guys retired from competing since. Both guys are in totally different phases of their lives. I thought this match was nothing more than a novelty. Well while watching the match I completely reversed my opinion. The fact royler had no fucking answer for anything really says a lot. He looked confused and frustrated except for like the first 6 minutes. To me it easily demonstrates the original wasn't a fluke. It's not necessarily that Eddie dominated but the fact royler was overwhelmed, confused and didn't have much of an answer for anything. Royler is like so much technical perfection that he can't compute the crazyness of Eddie's game. Phone Post 3.0

shen -

Phone Post 3.0

Alumynabjj - 
MickColins - 
thebasher - I thought it was fantastic from both. Royler is 48 years old so there's a big age difference but Eddie was brilliant to watch and answered his critics in style Phone Post 3.0
5 years is a big difference? The Royler fans are really looking for something to latch on to. Phone Post 3.0

Bro, I am almost 39, and how I feel now from when I was 34 or even 36 is crazy different. So yes, it is a huge difference yet Eddie is a fucking beast and should deserve all props. Just an amazing match.

that's all I meant - I'm a little younger than Eddie but can't imagine myself still competing at 48. Hope I still do though

and as said it wasn't detracting from Eddie's performance - super impressive in terms of performance and how he conducted himself

shen -

Don't burn the pants Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 
shen -

Don't burn the pants Phone Post 3.0

Check!

I've never been a bravo fan, nor will I suddenly jump on the 10th planet band wagon. But with Eddie agreeing to rules that were clearly in Royler's favor and Royler's poor sportsmanship (which really was an attempt to cheat) and still dominating that fight..... I'll never question his skill or call the first match a fluke ever again. He earned my respect.

I don't think the first match was a fluke, but to think these two guys are the same competitors as they were back than is crazy. People age differently and their lives change.
What I think this does show is the potential of Eddie. Not that he has done bad for himself, but it makes me wonder how great he could of been on the competition scene if he wouldn't have retired.

big props to Eddie

Could Royler really have forgotten if he was on top or bottom? Very questionable.

2 things really confused me in the match, which was awesome btw. 1 is that it seemed royler spent zero time studying how to pass eddies guard (obviously easier said then done) and seemed shocked when eddie did all things we have seen him do and adverise for years. 2 why eddie wouldnt let go of the lock down after his half guard sweep which results in royler re sweeping him back like 5 times...or how he just kept using it again and again and royler didnt adjust at all...

Nit picky but just 2 major things that confused me tech wise. Phone Post 3.0

Never been a big bravo fan, and i honestly thought the first match was a fluke. Tonight Eddie proved me wrong, and I'm glad he did. Spectacular performance by Eddie. He's obviously the better of the two, no doubting that. That restart was ridiculous. Must.Learn.electric.Chair. Phone Post 3.0