Fluke my ass

checkuroil - Where are Roylers highlights from that match Phone Post 3.0
I thought a highlight was a nearly 50 year old man stepping up to fight a 20 minute match. Everyone is talking about what a great fight it was and your sitting on your coach hanging onto the same old shit.

Don't be such a negative nelly Phone Post 3.0

whatevermoo - 
whatevermoo - isn't eddie pro submission only? And if you don't submit the guy in a submission only match it doesn't matter...."dominated" is a fan boy thing to say (i know youre one of his black belts, but that doesnt excuse anything)) when it comes to a match like this, and kind of weird to say if you promote eddie and his submission only pov

10th Planet peeps should be proud. Phone Post 3.0

Couch* Phone Post 3.0

whatevermoo - 
whatevermoo - 
whatevermoo - isn't eddie pro submission only? And if you don't submit the guy in a submission only match it doesn't matter...."dominated" is a fan boy thing to say (i know youre one of his black belts, but that doesnt excuse anything)) when it comes to a match like this, and kind of weird to say if you promote eddie and his submission only pov

Definitely not a fluke, but we can't discount Royler hanging in there. Phone Post 3.0

ozjiujitsu -
checkuroil - Where are Roylers highlights from that match Phone Post 3.0
I thought a highlight was a nearly 50 year old man stepping up to fight a 20 minute match. Everyone is talking about what a great fight it was and your sitting on your coach hanging onto the same old shit.

Don't be such a negative nelly Phone Post 3.0
Ten years of listening to people bitch about eddies luck. You guys gotta listen to something

Royler conducted himself like a jerk on the mat. He tried to cheat on the restart, he was throwing up his hands after he got swept, he started talking to Eddie during the match.

Eddie is no spring chicken. He is mid forties. He also never had the benefit of growing up Gracie.

Royler did what Rener did which was spin a tail about how he is still a winner cause he survived. Phone Post 3.0

Props to Eddie. Thought that calf slicer was going to finish Royler. Phone Post 3.0

whatevermoo - 
whatevermoo - 
whatevermoo - 

Why do you keep quoting yourself? Did you even watch the match?

All the near subs, all Eddie (electric chair, near twister, that leg lock at the end). Royler refused to tap to that leg submission at the end (what did Eddie call it, the Atomizer??). Royler will be limping for sure

Props to both, as it was the best match of the event.

However, it does prove that Eddie's first match was no fluke, and if they ever meet again, there won't be any more of this "Royler wins 99 out of 100" talk.

In fact, if there ever will be a 3rd fight, I may very well say Royler is the underdog.

Marcelo tweeted it as the one of the best matches ever

Hopefully we can see Marcelo in metamoris soon Phone Post 3.0

ChipW - 
Jeff Rockwell -
PittBJJ -

Yea couldnt believe he was trying to pull that crap on the restart. Really low class move there. Great night for Eddie though he looked amazing and proved he was no fluke.

I only saw play by play, what did Royler do on the restart? Phone Post 3.0
Tried to restart on top when he was supposed to be on bottom. Phone Post 3.0

Not only that, when he did let Eddie back on top, he refused for a while to give Eddie the leg lockdown from the top position ala Rigan Machado twister.

This match made me disappointed Eddie didn't compete more in his prime. Imagine what else he could have accomplished. Phone Post 3.0

whatevermoo -

Hmm

Soooo what do you call it when you can't stop another guy from constantly getting you in a bad position?

Winning? Phone Post 3.0

Eddie won the American trials earning his right to compete in ADCC 2003.

In his first match in ADCC 2003 he submitted ADCC veteran Gustavo Dantas after being behind in points. This alone should have settled Eddies legitimacy over 10 years ago and I haven't even mentioned his first match against Royler which he won by sub.

Hopefully Eddies performance tonight will have shut up the blind nay-sayers.

Sorry, not atomizer, vaporizer.

Heh Eddie

John Nic - Eddie looked amazing but poor on royler for INSISTING to pass with the knee slice even when he couldn't Phone Post 3.0

Didn't get to see the match,. Was he not able to switch the hip/ lay to the other side for a sudden change up in pressure or was he jut being a badger for the knee slice?

I thought it was fantastic from both. Royler is 48 years old so there's a big age difference but Eddie was brilliant to watch and answered his critics in style Phone Post 3.0

What's wrong with being a fan of your instructor?

Eddies 44 I believe Phone Post 3.0

thebasher - I thought it was fantastic from both. Royler is 48 years old so there's a big age difference but Eddie was brilliant to watch and answered his critics in style Phone Post 3.0
5 years is a big difference? The Royler fans are really looking for something to latch on to. Phone Post 3.0