Footage of Ngannou and Gane sparring

1 Like

Looks like Francis was going light while gane was going 100 lol

You see Gane going 100%? I donā€™t think heā€™s even come close to 100% even during a fight.

2 Likes

Thats his 100 percent from what Iā€™ve seen from his fights lol

6 Likes

Francis was going harder than Gane in that vid

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not sparringā€¦ lol.

1 Like

nobody wants to see that fight.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what we call ā€œmoving aroundā€

4 Likes

ā€œSparringā€ lol

I see both going 20,% at first, then Cyril puts in 35% then Nganou responds at 34% to let him know to calm down

2 Likes

Lol

I like these kinds of sparring sessions, they always start as ā€œletā€™s go 30 percentā€ then evolve into a full on fight

1 Like

I am a filthy casual but isnā€™t that NOT sparring? They both seemed to be just doing the motions and angles and trying their best to not throw anything with even remote force. Drilling? I donā€™t know. People who do this, you tell me.

My bet would be hype medicine release out of nothing.

Itā€™s a pretty loose term. Although you have a few guys in here who obviously consider themselves authorities on the subject.

Third post in this thread is from Drew Morais, a pro fighter:

He didnā€™t take issue with it and heā€™s pretty well versed.

The point of all of this is more about two guys who used to train together getting closing to facing each other in the cage for a title.

1 Like

Most ppl/members that have had spar sessions will know that a new student doesnā€™t always understand the %'ge output. And sometimes due to frustration they go further.

That said, There are some bullies at the gyms that light up new lie members (bullying style)

2 Likes

Guilty of that myself, once, a long time ago.

1 Like

You? No way.

Yeah not really ā€œsparringā€ is just an easy word to use. Sometimes my cousin and I will do things like alternate one throwing strikes and the other only defense. Or straight punches only. Like drilling on a live target but for some reason we call it sparring.

2 Likes

I donā€™t take issue when people use the term sparing because it means something different to everyone. I personally wouldnā€™t call that sparing. Iā€™d consider that just some light work to get loose or to work some new things with a live target.

3 Likes