For all the idiots who say UFC doesn't pay well

Hey, man, I’m not saying your perception of the amounts of people who want to see Angela Hill in particular fight dictates what she’s worth or how much the UFC is willing to pay her, but it does appear across the board that female fighters are able to negotiate much better contracts with the UFC than similarly ranked male fighters in their respective divisions.

When someone who’s 9-12 can make a career out of something that’s apparently not a career, the problem is head office.

1 Like

Bisping calls it like it is. DC is a fluffer for the company

1 Like

this is a problem everywhere. as a company makes more money the people who work there should see their pay increase as well. wages have remained stagnant since the 70s. it’s pretty fucked.

2 Likes

That’s a shame because most of them are horrible to watch. I tried to give them a chance. A few of them like joanna, Meisha taste, Carla Esparza and schevchenko won me over for a variety of reasons over the course of time but the skills are still disgustingly low for most women.

The striking is bad, slow and untechnical, the wrestling is awful for the most part.

As far as I’m concerned, most of the women are taking a job away from a more qualified man at this point.

When does bisping call it like it is? If the UFC is paying me $10,000 to do a couple of interviews the week of the fight and sit by the cage and talk people through what I’m seeing, I’m not talking shit about fighter pay.

Bisping’s public comments about anything pertaining to the UFC are probably very measured. If you fall out of favor like woodley or rashad evans did you are gone.

1 Like

My amusement comes from how hard people internet fight on behalf of UFC fighters rather than themselves and their peers.

This is way beyond a UFC phenomenon and affects you and me far more than the guy who makes a living wage to train all day and be an athlete on the biggest stage.

3 Likes

The company made DC a multimillionaire. Can you really blame him?

The time he made fun of Rodolfo Viera for getting a sports psychologist, that was something no other commentator would ever do.

It always throughs me off when you see someone like Angela Hill making $100k/$100k contract and a guy like Joe Lauzon 27 fights into his career (and is actually entertaining to watch) making less.

9 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not attacking the company. Bisping will never attack the UFC or the announcing gig is gone.

It’s easy to make fun of another fighter. Sonnen dry fucked bisping and he worked with a sports psychologist. Georges did too. The only reason bisping has a leg to stand on there is because he won a title and as much as I may dislike him, he was one of the mentally toughest fighters there was. I just wish rockhold took him seriously and Bisping would never would have won the title in the first place. He lost to a 46 year old Dan Henderson in that title defense and a 3-1 Matt hammil beat him absolutely senseless. One thing you can count on those limey bastards for is giving their guy a hometown decision.

Maybe bisping should have worked with an amateur boxing coach who would have taught him not to let his chin pop up in the air every single time he threw a jab. Or maybe bisping should have not left his head in the exact same position every time he threw a double jab.

*first black female fighter in the UFC, Chris.

She probably has her pronouns properly in order as well. The new owners of the UFC don’t care about a white kid from MA.

2 Likes

Yeah, lauzon needs to check his white male, cisgender, heteronormativity privilege right now.

1 Like

Word on the street is that Angela Hill will be playing the role of Darth Vader in Disney’s reboot of Star Wars…

2 Likes

Maybe you should bring this point up to kirik since he’s such a bleeding heart liberal.

I know you are almost certainly friends with lauzon since you are all from Boston

1 Like

I mostly agree with this. I think there are some pay discrepancies between making your UFC debut and becoming a top fighter in your division, but it’s way better than it used to be. However I do agree that the uniforms are a bigger problem than anything else, as it takes away way more pay and opportunities for the fighters.

1 Like

UFC stands for U Fight Cheap. Always has and always will until the fighter’s Unionize.

1 Like

It will never happen. You think someone like ngannou or mcgregor are going to give up money for the guys making their debuts?

UFC pays pretty decent per event. The top guys are making 5-10 mil an event. What other sport does that (besides boxing)? Even top NFL, NBA players are not making that much per game.

I’ve said before like so many times biggest problem in MMA in regards to fighter pay is fighters competing once or twice a year.

You want better pay for fighters need a different structure where they fight 8-10 times a year… that would put their compensation in line with other major sports.

How do you do that? Tournaments, quick turnarounds, focus the promotion less on individual fighters and more on belts, #1 contender fights, etc.

1 Like

I have a problem with the UFC’s abusive practices more than the pay.

If they are only independent contractors then how come they have to sign away so many of their rights? If they are only independent contractors why do they have to wear uniforms.

Any job I ever had that I had to wear a uniform at, I was considered an employee

6 Likes