For all the idiots who say UFC doesn't pay well

1 Like

Was just watching today how Francis speaks about other fighters -no healthcare and had to fight just to get out of debts the top10 is prob living okay, others not so much

2 Likes

Just like life, It pays to be successful in your career…

10 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

DC low key pushing misinformation in this one.

UFC has given bonuses to fighters who didn’t have PPV bonuses as a part of their contract. Showtime said he got a $1M bonus on two different occasions.

DC said he got $1M for the Jon Jones fight that pulled in $40M just in PPV buys. Congrats on the 2.5% cut DC, you totally got your money’s worth and they totally didn’t pay you a minimum pittance to avoid some sort of litigation in the future.

But yeah, DC, go ahead and push your fake news on these douchey, fraudulent, reactionaries/actors on a TV set talking about “Not $1M, not $2M, not $3M!”

Stfu you fat, fat company man scumbag.

4 Likes

DC also pushing fake news and muddying the facts with this notion that Adesanya gets something like $7M just to show and gets even more in PPV points or “back room bonuses.” Or maybe he doesn’t, he doesn’t really clear anything up, he just says shit while his fellow Africans nod and agree.

As with all UFC contracts aside from the Conman probably, these contracts are backloaded/success orientated meaning that $5-7M “show money” DC is lying about is contingent on the PPV selling a ton of buys, of which 276 only sold 400K.

Adesanya much more likely gets a flat rate to show that is vastly lower than $5-7M and likely under $1M somewhere in the 6 figure range, but he gets much more depending on the amount of PPVs he sells.

But here’s the thing, if he’s selling 400k PPV buys like he did at 276, how tf does he ever make it to $5-7M in PPV/locker room bonuses? (Notice DC fails to distinguish between the two in order to muddy the facts even more while appearing to still be willing to offer insight on the payout structures). It’s all pretty deceptive, which is the only claim I’m making.

He might have made $5-7M for the cards before when he sold 700k, 800k, 600k at 253, 259, 263 respectively, but he isn’t earning that for every fight and he definitely didn’t earn $5-7M just to step in the octagon at 276 which only sold 400k.

Fake news/propagated media here and that much is just blaringly obvious with this barbershop quintet surrounding DC pretending to be enthused and impressed. ACTORS.

2 Likes

The money in the sport is still going up. Would I like to see the fighters get paid more? Of course I would. But white always said this isn’t a career, its an opportunity and he is right.

No one is forcing them to fight. My only issue is that I think them being forced to wear uniforms and get a flat fee from venum is bullshit. Fighters should be able to wear the shorts of whatever sponsor they choose and load the shorts up with as many patches as they can fit.

If there was no Dana white there would be no UFC. The money is still going up.

I feel the most sorry for the guys like Chris Leben who went to war and suffered a lot of damage to his body and help make the company what it is today and he’s broke. Those guys I feel really sorry for.

6 Likes

Didn’t Angela Hill make near $200,000 last night with a stellar record of about .500?

Sounds like she’s made quite the lucrative career out of it being the definition of average.

Good for her but doesn’t exactly match what Dana is saying here in your post.

2 Likes

He actually said it’s not a career? Being a competitor for the largest MMA org. in the world is NOT a career?

1 Like

Yes, I believe his exact quote was “this is not a career, it’s an opportunity.”

He’s honestly not wrong. You have to think of it like being a stripper. If you have what people want, you will make a lot of money in the short term but it won’t last forever and you need to have a plan on what you are going to do after unless you win the title.

Some guy who plays in the NFL, MLB or NBA for one season isn’t set for life. If you only have one contract in the UFC you aren’t going to be set for life either.

Yes, they should get paid more but the pay is still going up. What about guys like Jon fitch and leben? Those are the guys who missed out on it the most. If fitch were fighting today he still would have never beat usman but he’d still be top 5 in the division.

Fitch is probably the best guy to never win a belt. He was 16-1 in the UFC at one point. Those guys got the worst deal out of anyone. At the height of their careers, fitch would have dogged guys like masvidal and Diaz and he made way less money.

2 Likes

It’s a career for some, but not most…

Angela hill deserves $20,000 and $20,000 and that’s being extremely generous.

6 Likes

Fighters deserve what they are ultimately able to negotiate.

Lol. Checkhook you Antifa loving fag got. I love your keyboard warrior bravado. You wouldn’t so much as look at me sideways in the real world. Nevermind DC. Go back to mommy’s basement

Apparently. Sometimes I think the sport would have a better chance to grow if Dana and the old guard retired. You wanna attract athletes? Maybe don’t say it’s not a career.

2 Likes

Antifa is gay, you’re gay, your threats are gay and I carry a gun everywhere I go. Try me.

1 Like

What’s new?

He’s the UFC white knight

2 Likes

Angela hill doesn’t deserve $200,000. Other than Angela hill’s mother, no one turned on the fights on Saturday to see her fight.

For the most part, other than the top 3 girls like Joanna, schevchenko and maybe one or two more, women’s fights are awful. No one likes them. The level of skill is still pathetically low.

I thought nunes was good until I saw Peña executing a couple of awful takedowns against the cage and still landing on top. Peña was actually pulling nunes down on top of her and still landed on top. The women aren’t good and they aren’t fun to watch. Peña hurt her with wide, slow, sloppy, loopy punches.

Only the women’s championship fights should be in the UFC. If you aren’t the champion then they should just have you fight in Invicta. When you get a title shot you can come fight in the UFC.

1 Like

Well, you have take the opinion of the guys who commentate the fights with a grain of salt. They are getting paid around $10,000 every time they call a card.

That’s a lot easier on your body and a lot less stressful than getting locked in the cage with another killer.

You are never going to get an honest opinion from them or their will be no more commentary gigs.