For all you John Danaher (Renzo BB) Fans!

I'm a big fan, and thought you guys would like this too.

I'm 90% sure Dave Camarillo is refering to John Danaher in this recent interview:

Camarillo:

"Going back to Fitch/GSP, it’s not just a “Fitch is fighting GSP“. It’s the corners. We’re putting together strategies to beat GSP as they are putting strategies against whoever they fight. GSP always puts a great strategy... He’s got John who’s a great Jiu Jitsu instructor, probably the best in the world. To me it’s kind of a battle of masterminds. It’s not just Fitch versus GSP it’s the mastermind behind it. Of course I’m a cornerman and trainer so that’s my perspective on the thing. We’re kind of cooking up a recipe for victory in every fight we’ve faced."

http://mmayou.com/news-and-exclusive-interviews-with-mmayou/37-fighters/183-david-camarillo-on-his-student-jon-fitch-fighting-georges-st-pierre-qi-think-fitch-will-be-the-toughest-opponent-gsps-ever-faced-besides-bjq-

TTT New Zealand!!!

are there videos or any training vids with this guy?

did Danaher put together a plan against Serra in the 2 fights?

No John did not coach GSP against Serra in any of their fights.

I don't know if that's the same John or not. This article was just posted on Graciemag yesterday and makes no mention of him...

Georges St-Pierre in Rio

Ximu comments on champion’s visit

Since great champions must keep on moving, UFC welterweight title holder Georges Saint-Pierre arrived in Brazil yesterday to refine his game. The Canadian will be making his first title defense, since recovering it from the hands of Matt Serra, against John Fitch, in August.

To continue to put on a show in the octagon, St Pierre’s Jiu-Jitsu instructor in Canada, Bruno Molenga (Gracie Barra) sent his student to Barra da Tijuca on an exchange in the Gracie Barra home base. The champion will stay in Brazil until the 10th of June and until then will practice MMA and do his physical conditioning with the fighter Gustavo Ximu, and complete his Jiu-Jitsu routine at night.

GRACIEMAG.com contacted Ximu, who today took the champion to practice boxing at the Nobre Arte boxing academy and got ready to have a first roll with Saint-Pierre at GB.

“He came to work on his Jiu-Jitsu. He arrived yesterday and I took him to Nobre Arte today. The guy is really humble and good people, besides being a really good fighter. We had only one technical training session led by Claudio Coelho and he liked it a lot. The guys there at the academy couldn’t even believe their eyes, as everyone there is a fan. I was also under the impression he was bigger. Not that he’s small, but he weighs 84kg and on tv he looks bigger. I’m going to take him to practice boxing, wrestling and do physical conditioning with me to keep him active, but the main thing is Jiu-Jitsu,” said Ximu.

Thanks for the link RevivalFire

What are everyone's opinions on GSP training with Ximu and the Gracie Barra camp in Brazil?

John was at our school over the past weekend and it was great honor to have him again. The man is as good as everyone says.

It's the same John, I'm 99.9% sure.

ttt

John is crazy good.

Holy cow, John's not the smallest man in the world, who's the guy next to him. Reminds me of Grossburger from Stircrazy.

henchmen - Holy cow, John's not the smallest man in the world, who's the guy next to him. Reminds me of Grossburger from Stircrazy.

That is Pat Cooligan, BJJ BB and head instructor at OAMA.

He is an awesome teacher and suprisingly quick for a big guy. Also he is an all round good guy!

That's Pat Cooligan, head instructor and Renzo Black Belt. A mad scientist in his own right =^)