For anyone that knows Krazy Horse: what is his life like?

Serious question

I know everyone is gonna say “getting beat up” or taking fights and losing for a check. Ive heard him compared to Bob Sapp, which is actually a decent comparison, but Bob Sapp loses for, I’d imagine, a pretty decent check. I’m certain Bob Sapp is pretty damn wealthy. I just can’t imagine that for Krazy Horse.

But anyone that knows him or did know him.

1. Does he still even train? If so, where?
  2. Is he broke? What is his living situation like?
  3. Does he have a day job?
  4. Did he really move to China, at least for a bit, because he was hired as a coach at a gym? I lived in China and I just can’t imagine Krazy Horse doing well or staying out of trouble there. I couldn’t imagine him living in China at all.

I say this all as a huge fan of Krazy Horse, or at least I was when he wasn’t losing every single fight on regional clown shows. I genuinely think Krazy Horse is the biggest “what if” in MMA. The dude was so athletic, naturally gifted, charismatic and funny. If he had took training and fighting seriously, if he didn’t have so many legal troubles, and this one is speculation on my part - if he didn’t have a problem with drugs and alcohol, I believe he could have been a huge star based on his personality and fighting style. If he was on a main card and promoted by the UFC, even casuals and people that don’t watch MMA would have been sharing clips they see of him on social media. He would have had a fanbase like Nick or O’Malley.

I just always wonder what his personal life is like and what he is doing, aside from him losing.

3 Likes

I dont know, but tell the lad to take up boxercise!

He has read a ton of self help books. He now wakes up every morning at 6 to hit the gym. This is followed by a balanced breakfast. He then goes to work at a local bank for a 9 to 5. When he gets home the first thing he does, is kiss his loving wife and kids.

4 Likes

It’s Felony

4 Likes

He’s with jon Nutt and fight circus in Bangkok

2 Likes

I heard that he works at NASA

4 Likes

He deals crack

2 Likes

I am hoping to record with him within the next 3 weeks

8 Likes

Once you deal crack you never get a real job

1 Like

The thing with guys like him is if you take away the crazy, you actually take away from the talent.

Seems I’ve been living under a rock. Never knew Wanderlei confirmed the ol’ KO story.

6 Likes
1 Like

I agree with this, but I like to imagine Krazy Horse retaining the crazy but applying it to training, similar to Tony Ferguson or Strickland (when sparring).

It’s sad seeing KH get KOd and shit now. I used to think back in the PRIDE days when he would fight with the rear hand up by his chin and the lead hand at his waist, I used to think that style looked so sick. I’ve seen his recent fights and he still does it, but he’s not in his prime and he can’t get away with it anymore.

I miss the characters of the golden era. Since MMA has become a mainstream sport, all the characters seem to have vanished. The sport, before, was basically ALL just strange and unique guys that just wanted to fight. Now it’s squeaky clean, in comparison, and we are excited when we get a single oddball.

5 Likes

He is a mess but he isn’t a bad guy. I like him. Haven’t seen him in a few years but he was always funny and cool when I did. We shared a locker room a few times.

He is definitely a crack head but fuck we all got problems. His are just bigger problems.

5 Likes

how perfectly summarised

1 Like