For everyone who wasted their time with BJJ, would you go back in time and take Sambo if offered?

Curious about this as Sambo clearly looks like it offers the best base for MMA skills.

5 Likes

Sambo #1

funny dancing GIF

23 Likes

I certainly never considered training jiu jitsu as wasting my time.

17 Likes

LOL OP.

Fuck it…yes, in a heartbeat. Then I would SMESH BJJ guys like potato chips.

6 Likes

hey you know that thing that most of you guys have liked for years? well you’ve been wasting your time! there’s something better. howsabout you get all upset in my thinly veiled troll thread?

17 Likes

20 Likes

10 Likes

There’s nothing in SAMBO that you can’t learn in BJJ and Judo

6 Likes

This.

Some techniques sambists are better at (kani basami, Victor’s Roll, yadviga), but nothing in sambo doesn’t exist in BJJ or Judo

6 Likes

Wrestling first. But all in all, Id stick with BJJ. It opens more doors

3 Likes

For sure. BJJ was a cult filled with tournament moves that would get someone killed in a real fight. Back in the 90’s early 2000’s it was a legit self defense art. Now it’s a joke filled with floppy shit.

16 Likes

Am I missing something? Sambo has striking unlike the other martial arts, that’s the big difference I thought

4 Likes

Striking? Boxing, kicking?

1 Like

take that back! or i’ll grab your ankles!

2 Likes

There are different styles of Sambo, so it depends. In the grappling aspect of things, BJJ is better. If I could do it over again, Id wrestle first. But to be elite id pick BJJ.

4 Likes

For everyone who wasted their time with THIS THREAD, would you go back in time and NOT CLICK ON IT, if possible?

20 Likes

Except punching, kicking and wrestling.

P.S. OP meant combat sambo.

2 Likes

Lol Merridew once again proving he’s the most ignorant, ill informed person on this site. If you’re referring to sport jui jitsu you may have an argument however I’m sure you’re not aware that there is also sport sambo. If we’re comparing apples to apples. Combat or real jui jitsu is superior. Combat sambo doesn’t address leg locks or heal hooks nearly as well as combat(real) jui jitsu. In addition, besides just ramblings from someone who is versed in neither(yes, you shithead) We have actual matches that have occurred for many years that prove exactly the opposite of what you’re saying. These are called facts and statistics

4 Likes

I mean we also can prove over and over again that Wrestling is superior to Sambo.

2 Likes

OP once again being an idiot

2 Likes