For The Hardcores

Thank you sir, keep em coming!

1 Like

Drama Queen Guilt GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

1 Like

Easy there skeeter, Hendo ain’t coming back for you a second time…

In writing these, I’ve actually given this some thought. Here are a few things:

1. Hendo is an absolute FREAK of nature as far as explosiveness, durability, and power is concerned. What he was able to accomplish with a limited skill set is nothing short of remarkable. He was a very special fighter.

2. Hendo debuted in MMA at the age of 27 and peaked at around the ages of 39-41. Fedor debuted when he was 23 and probably peaked between the age of 30-32. He just wasn’t the same guy anymore.

3. Hendo didn’t have to evolve whereas Fedor needed to, but didn’t. When Fedor’s speed and ability to cover distance started to slow down, he didn’t develop the skills he needed to deal with the new crop of heavyweights. He had a good chin but never had the chin Hendo did, and when Fedor’s chin went, it went.

Overall I don’t hold not going to the UFC against Fedor. I love the guy and have always given fair criticism of him, but would never really say anything bad about him. I think it was wise to avoid the UFC later on in his career, as he was simply not the same fighter, and the results would have been mixed at best. Something that isn’t talked about a lot isn’t just that his skills diminished greatly, but that he also started to look like he didn’t want to fight anymore. He semi-retired and “retired” multiple times, it’s clear that he loved fighting, but his heart just wasn’t in it anymore. Whereas Hendo seemed to love throwing down right until the very end.

3 Likes

^^^ not part of the articles I wrote and is just my honest assessment on the two careers head to head. There is obviously a lot more to it though.

Thanks dude.

I don’t really want this to be a Hendo vs Fedor or PRIDE vs UFC thread but hey, if it keeps this thread at the top….

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack. I definitely rank Hendo above fedor though lol

I hope you do more work in the future and post it here friend

1 Like

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

FRAT

1 Like

Maybe if Fedor roided like Hendo he too would
have had a second career

1 Like

flies GIF

Me vs the UFC flies on here

1 Like

You’re a frat

1 Like

lolz

1 Like

Read it, he did a great job with it.

2 Likes

Not even with “beginner luck”

Thanks Jon!

1 Like

What the hell are you laughing at C+P

You’re the first to get chop sticked. Easy pickings

1 Like

This is what your X-ray would look like Hop Sing…

Now back to acknowledging @MasterofMartialArts hard work…

2 Likes